Well, we have some updates for you. The device is already being sold in the market, and Encipher say that they currently have logistics for picking up the devices from Sokoto, Abuja and Kaduna. Lagos is said to be coming soon.
Now, here are juicy updated information about Inye:
- Processor: 800Mhz
- OS: Android 2.1
- Screen: 7 inch multi-touch display, 800×480 pixels
- i/o ports: 35mm headjack, HDMI ouput, USB port and micro-USB port.
- Battery life: 4-6 hours dependent on usage
- External modem support: Works with Etisalat’s E1550 modem out of the box with no extra installation required and currently testing out CDMA based modems at the moment.
Encipher also say that they will get back in touch with us next week regarding a loan unit for review by Mobility Nigeria.
The Inye tablet’s price point is certainly more comfortable for those who find the Samsung Galaxy Tab a bit pricey. There are two versions:
- 16GB HD, 512MB RAM, 1.3MP Camera, other specs remain the same – N60,000
- 4GB HD, 256MB RAM, No Camera, other specs remain the same – N45,000
At that price, I might just get the 16GB version for myself. Oh, plus the fact that this is from one of us.
We will present more details as we receive them. I am certainly looking forward to reviewing this big guy.