The much anticipated Infinix Zero 4 and its twin, the Zero Plus were launched in Lagos only just yesterday. We got our hands on the Zero 4 Plus and got right to ooh-ing and aah-ing over it. You know how we are with new toys. Irredeemable actually. Anyway, the Infinix Zero 4 Plus gave off strong impressions quickly and we are here to share them with you.
- With a 5.98-inch display, the Zero 4 Plus belongs in the big category of smartphones. But, it is big and beautiful. Finally, Infinix Mobility seems to have gotten their inner design ninja on fleek. The Zero 4 Plus immediately reminded me of the clean lines and smooth edges of the UMi Plus. The 2.D screen is great. It started with the Hot S (see photo gallery) and then the Note 3 (see review). The Zero 4 is the first Infinix flagship that comes off as a premium device.
- If my memory serves me right, for the first time, there is display protection on an Infinix smartphone. Gorilla Glass 4. Hell must have frozen over. That is mega, and I am loving it.
- I do not like the protruding camera bump. For one, it is likely to turn out a magnet for scratches on the lens. But that hump means it has a big sensor, and a big sensor is a good thing for quality photos. See my life? Besides the hump, I am excited about the camera. Initial shots have been quite good.
- The Zero 4 Plus supports Glo 4G’s rare LTE band 28(700). I popped my Glo SIM card inside it, dived into settings to peg it to 4G, and I was browsing 4G broadband internet in moments. Nice one. It joins our list of smartphones that work on Glo 4G. Of course, it supports the usual suspects: Smile 4G, Ntel 4G, MTN 4G, Etisalat 4G and Spectranet 4G. It actually supports all LTE networks in the country. Nice.
- The Zero 4 Plus runs smooth in use. Really smooth. No surprise there, considering the 2.1 GHz Helio X20 processor and 4 GB of RAM built in. Nice.
- I was expecting 64 GB internal storage, but was shocked when I dived into the Settings to check and found that the phone has only 32 GB. Oh; I cried. It isn’t a deal breaker for me, but you know….expectations from unconfirmed leaked specs.
- I am excited about the 4,000 mAh battery. You know why: I like to leave home in the morning with my phone fully charged and not have to worry about running out of power all day.
Infinix Zero 4 Plus benchmark tests
We also put the Infinix Zero 4 Plus through our regular line-up of benchmark tests. Have a look at the scores we got:
- AnTuTu: 84,799
- Geekbench 4: 1,587 Single-core / 4,535 Multi-core
- Quadrant: 5,172
Those results are not bad at all. 84,799 on AnTuTu is a really good score. The Zero 4 Plus is a powerful smartphone.
Expect our gallery of photos of the Zero 4 Plus shortly, and after that, our detailed review. But it is clear that we already like this one; isn’t it? Barring any surprises, Infinix looks like they have got a winner here.
- can i put my 2 sims and my memory into my infinix zero 4 plus at d same time?
- infinix zero plus 4. internal storage 64gb camera dose not work
- infinix zero 4 plus 4g band
- is infinix zero plus a band 28 device