It looks like this is a season of reports in the mobile world, and this time it has to do with mobile web usage.
The iPhone and Symbian OS are top of the pack when it comes to mobile web usage on smartphones, at least as far as AdMob’s statistics of usage of its service. The iPhone has 40% while Symbian has 34%. combined, these two mobile operating systems have 74% of the mobile web market. Meanwhile, Android and webOS are picking up steam gradually.
In addition, the report shows that in Africa, Symbian rules completely with 93% market share of mobile web usage, followed by the iPhone with 4%, WinMo 2%, and BlackBerry 1%.
Download a PDF copy of the AdMob report here.
Founder of MobilityArena. Yomi’s journey in mobile started in 2001. Besides obsessing over mobile phones, he also started creating WAP sites (early mobile-friendly websites created with WML). He began writing about phones in 2004 and has been at it since then. He has owned over 200 devices, from Symbian, Palm, PocketPC/Windows Mobile, BlackBerry/BB10, webOS, Windows Phone, Firefox, Ubuntu Touch, to Android, iOS, and KaiOS operating systems.