It was an exciting moment when I got my update notification on the Lumia 920 about an hour ago. I had a Wi-Fi connection active and so initiated the download.
The download went smoothly, after which I got the following error message:
The update was downloaded, but couldn’t be opened. (8018830f)
I checked my phone settings to make sure they were in order, and also checked to see that I have enough free storage. I have 5.3GB free, which is more than adequate. So, I ran the download a second time and got the same error message. A quick search online revealed that quite a number of Lumia 920 users are experiencing this same issue. From what I have read, hard-resetting the phone doesn’t help. I also found that there are two possible ways around it:
1. Flash your device manually by yourself and lose all data on it
2. Send your 920 off to Nokia Care (where I suspect it will be flashed for you, and still lose all data on it)
Personally, my days of manually flashing phones have long since been over. I’m too old for some of these geeky stuff. When I have the time, perhaps I shall send my 920 over to Nokia Care. Life goes on. To quote our Lord in the book of Mo chapter 4, verse 1, “Man shall not live by Amber alone, but…..”
Is there anyone resident in Nigeria who has received the Amber update on their Lumia 920? How did it go? If you ran into this error and found another way around it, do share as well.
Latest posts by Mister Mobility (see all)
- How to remap Bixby button to take photos or other action - February 22, 2019
- Samsung Galaxy S10 pre-order kicks off in Nigeria - February 21, 2019
- Soda S2 review - February 18, 2019