In this article, we highlight and address some of the more popular issues that owners of TECNO phones face and how to fix them easily.
TECNO smartphones from Transsion Holdings is a brand that has come to stay, as it has increasingly gained popularity in certain regions in Africa and Asia,. The TECNO brand is know for providing rugged devices with decent specs at very affordable price points.
However, it also suffers a number of defects, with certain users experiencing a number of anomalies with TECNO devices. Today, we will be looking at some of the common TECNO problems and how to fix them.
Common TECNO Problems and Solutions
- Overheating Issues: This is a particularly common issue with Android phones, with the TECNO brand not left out. A TECNO phone can overheat for a variety of reasons ranging from running high-end apps or games to opening too many apps at the same time on the device. The good thing is, there are a number of simple, practical steps to help you tackle this issue when next it occurs.
- You may need to uninstall some high-end games or apps, if you cannot, you can try reducing the time spent on these programs.
- Ensure you close background apps once in every few hours.
- Also, ensure you use the charger that came with your device. If not, use a charger that does not make it heat up.
- Phone lags: This is really common with TECNO devices, as there are times when you are trying to pick off a contact from your contact’s list or trying to make a call and your device becomes painfully slow. Well, this issue is majorly caused by insufficient storage space. When your ROM or RAM starts becoming full, your device malfunctions and begins to lag or even freeze. If you experience this, you can take the following steps to get your device working faster again.
- Close all apps running in the phone’s background.
- Try uninstalling unimportant apps or games to free up RAM space on your device.
- Also, you can delete media files you no longer use, this can help you free up ROM.
- After trying these steps, restart your smartphone. Also, avoid putting any objects on the screen (no matter how light they may seem).
- Battery Drains Too Fast: The major contributing factors to this problem are frequent charging (or overcharging) and unhealthy use of the phone. This is common with phones that are used to multitask too often or phones that use high-end apps frequently. If this sounds like your device, you can take the following steps to mitigate the effects of this issue:
- Avoid overusing your phone. Try giving it a couple of minutes (or hours) of rest from time to time.
- Reduce the display brightness.
- You can try reducing the screen sleep time. Go to Settings > Display > Sleep.
- Reduce the time spent on battery-consuming apps.
- Get a battery managing app.
- Avoid the temptation of plugging your phone in every time. Ideally, you should only charge your device if its battery is below 70%.
- Disable notifications that are not important.
- Device takes too long to charge: If your smartphone is slightly older, say a year or more, this should not be unusual. But for a newer device, this can be a bit of a headache. However, we have a number of tips to help you with this.
- Try removing and reinserting the battery (if it is removable).
- Switch off the phone and insert a charger. Observe it closely to see if it is working properly.
- If it isn’t, check out the phone’s charging port to be sure it is in a good condition.
- If it is still taking too long to charge, you may need to change the charger.
- If this does not work, you should consider taking the device to a TECNO Experience center.
Have you tried any of the tips above? Then let us know what your experience was in the comments’ section below.