When you buy an iPhone, one of the first things you would want to do is to customize it. This means setting the phone to your taste. However, there are some things that you cannot do on an iPhone without jailbreaking it. However, the ones you can do are pretty easy to do. Here are ways to customize iPhones without jailbreaking:
HIDE APP ICON LABELS
- Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Reduce Motion, then turn it on.
- From Accessibility, go to Increase Contact and turn on Darken Colors.
- Now, hide the app icon labels by taking advantage of a bug in the iOS 10 operating system. Go to Control Center, swipe it up to the middle of the screen, then hold it there. Now, double-tap the Home button. After that, go to the Home screen. You will notice that the app icon labels in the dock have disappeared. Move the next four apps to the dock and repeat the above actions.
HIDE THE STATUS BAR
- Double-press the Home button to open the App Switcher.
- Press and hold the Sleep button until you see the Power Off slider.
- Now, double-press the Home screen button to go back to the Home screen. You will notice that the status bar has disappeared. However, this is not permanent, as it will reappear whenever you open an app.
CHANGE THE THEME OF YOUR APP ICONS
- Open Safari on your iPhone, then visit iskin.tooliphone.net. Here, you will find all the themes you can install on your iPhone. Select any one you like and tap on it to open.
- Scroll down to Install Theme and tap on Applications Icons.
- You will see a list of available theme icons. Select all the apps you want to give a new theme. If you want to hide an app’s icon labels, tap on the X button.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and select Generate Theme. You will be taken to the installation page. Tap on Install. Now when you go to the Home screen you will find the themed icons that you made.
Those are some ways to customize iPhones without jailbreaking. Let us know of any other methods you prefer in the comments section.