Recently reviewed Facebook client for Symbian^3, fMobi, has received a major update today from v1.2 to v1.2b. The newer version brings:
- Back button
- Searches: Feed, Places, Events, Groups, Friends, Pages
- Fullscreen photo viewing
- “User Agent fix”
- Places to support non satellite positioning methods
- Recent checkins
- Nokia Pure font
- Share link
- Links are clickable in feeds/comments/chat
- Fullscreen view
- New sounds for alerts
- Time to chat messages
- Refresh button for status and checking for new comments
- New settings: Enable T9 (then you have the last word missing bug), Louder sounds, Font size
- UI fixes
- Bug fixes
– the Chat menu displays a blank screen; no users or chats are displayed.
– When you select the Dark theme, it is not persistent. Shutting down and restarting the app returns it to the Light theme.
Update 1 (31st July): The above issues don’t happen if you uninstall the previous version first then install the new version clean. Be sure to uninstall any existing versions from your device first.
This updated version is significant in almost everyway, enhancing usability and bringing additional features and benefits.
Update 2: (31st July) A bug fix has been released as version v1.2.1
Founder of MobilityArena. Yomi’s journey in mobile started in 2001. Besides obsessing over mobile phones, he also started creating WAP sites (early mobile-friendly websites created with WML). He began writing about phones in 2004 and has been at it since then. He has owned over 200 devices, from Symbian, Palm, PocketPC/Windows Mobile, BlackBerry/BB10, webOS, Windows Phone, Firefox, Ubuntu Touch, to Android, iOS, and KaiOS operating systems.