For so long we have waited. Finally Google is gradually rolling out Infinix Hot 2 Marshmallow update. That is Android 6. So far so good, the update is available OTA (over the air), so all you have to do is wait for your notification. On the other hand, you can take it up on yourself to flash it in. See procedure below:
How To Get Infinix Hot 2 Marshmallow Update
First download the Android Marshmallow file HERE (624.9mb)
- Once you’ve downloaded the Android M zip file, Rename it to update.zip
- Place it on the root of your SD Card. (Not inside any folder)
- Power off your phone.
- Hold Volume Up + Power Button.
- Release Power button and tap volume up once the “Infinix” logo appears.
- It will show you a dead Android robot with a red sign
- Press Volume Up or Volume down to get into the stock recovery.
- Scroll down with Volume button to “Apply Update from SD Card”
- Scroll down to the update.zip and select with the Power Button.
- Select “Install” and it’s done.
Reboot your smartphone, after rebooting, you should now have a new device running Android 6.0. If you’ve been having problems with your Hot 2, hopefully this update will make things both new and good.
Disclaimer: Mobility is not responsible for any damage that would occur on your device after following this procedure. Some users have reported loss of their files after flashing the ROM, so it’s best to backup your files before doing this.
We love to hear from you - your opinions, insights and experiences with smartphones and other gadgets. Be a part of Mobility Arena's active community by sharing a comment below if comments are enabled for this page.