MTN Smart M561M3 is a smart feature phone running KaiOS 2.5 and has apps like WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google Maps, and Google Assistant available for it. We have the full specs and information for you.
MTN Smart M561M3 Specs and Features
Wireless Network and Software
- 2G mobile network bands: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 900 / 1800 MHz
- 3G mobile network bands: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G mobile network bands: No
- SIM Type: Dual SIM
- Software / Operating System: KaiOS 2.5
Design, Form Factor and Appearance
- Dimensions: mm
- Weight: g
- Display: 2.4 inches screen
- Sensors: None
- Colours: Black. Gold.
Internal Hardware Specs
- Processor Type: Quad-core 1.3 GHz ARM Cortex-A7
- Processor Name: UNISOC SC7731EF
- Graphics Processor: Mali T820 MP1
- RAM: 256 MB
- Internal Storage: 512 MB
- External Storage: microSD
Photography and Video Recording
- Rear Camera: 1.3 MP, LED flash, video recording
- Front-facing Camera: 1.3 MP, video capture
Audio and Video Playback
- Music Support: PCM, AAC / AAC + / eAAC + / MP3 / AMR – NB / WB / APE
- Audio: 3.5 mm audio jack
- Loudspeaker: Mono speakers
- Video Support: H.264/MP4/MPEG4 player
- FM Radio: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS
- USB: microUSB
Miscellaneous Specs and Features
- Battery Type and Capacity: Removable Lithium-Ion 2000 mAh
- Battery Charging: 5V/1A Regular Charging
- Announced: November 2018
- Market Availability: March 2019
MTN Smart M561M3 Price and Availability
- Country Availability: This smart feature phone is available in several countries, including: Nigeria, Rwanda, Mali, Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire, Botswana, Cameroon, Central African Republic, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Egypt, Guinea Bissau, Guinea Conakry, Liberia, Madagascar, Morocco, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Tunisia, and Jordan.
- Price: $20. NGN 8,000 in Nigeria. UGX 89,000 in Uganda.
The M561M3, also known as MTN smart feature phone (MTN Kamunye in Uganda), can be purchased from official MTN outlets. The same device is also available from Orange and Vodafone in their countries of operation.
MTN Smart M561M3 Review Rating
We are yet to review the Smart M561M3 and so do not have a review rating for it yet. This page will be updated with our review rating, as well as the link to the review page, as soon as we have reviewed one.
MobilityArena Buyer’s Guide Verdict
The MTN Smart M561M3 smart feature phone combines the low cost of a feature phone with more advanced functionality like mobile apps, Wi-Fi and GPS. We were looking forward to seeing 4G LTE on this model, but the manufacturer says a 4G model will follow soon.
This basic device allows you to install and use apps like WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google Maps, and Google Assistant, among others. The operating system it runs is called KaiOS, the same OS that powers JioPhones.
$20 or NGN 8,000 (in Nigeria) is a fair price for a phone with these specs and capabilities, so if you are looking for a dirt cheap 3G phone with good battery life to keep you connected, this is one.
It is manufactured in partnership with mobile network operators like MTN, Orange, and Vodafone, and can be purchased from their outlets in several countries around Africa and the Middle east. It is called MTN IKOSORA in Rwanda.
Note that the first SIM slot is expected to be locked to the partner network and the 2nd SIM slot open to all networks.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that specs and information about the MTN Smart M561M3 mobile phone on this page is 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.
Our Buyer’s Guide Verdict is recommendation that we make based on our evaluation the specs of the device. It is a general guide designed to help you understand how much value a smartphone offers for its price. It is not a stamp of quality assessment or an endorsement of the device or of the manufacturers. Be sure to ask questions and use your judgement when buying any device, as MobilityArena may not be held responsible for your buying decisions.