Have you ever accidentally deleted an SMS on your smartphone? There are ways to recover thee messages. However, it depends on when you deleted the SMS. Deleted SMS are recoverable as part of the memory and you can get them back before they get overwritten. This means that you need to act fast. Here are steps on how to recover deleted SMS on Android phones.
Steps To Recover Deleted SMS
- There are several tools to recover deleted SMS on Android phones. These tools scan the memory of your smartphone, identify and retrieve the SMS. The first thing you need to do is to install an Android Data recovery program on your PC. There are loads of such programs on the Internet. Install any of them on your PC to begin.
- Open the recovery progamme. Then connect your Android smartphone to your PC through a USB cable.
- Enable USB Debugging mode on your smartphone. Go to Settings >Device Information>Build Number. Tap on Build Number 5 times to access Developer Options. Enable USB Debugging there.
- Follow the instructions on the recovery program to scan and analyze your smartphone. Once that is complete, you will get a preview of the data stored on your device, including recently deleted data. As long as the part of the memory used to store deleted data has not been overwritten, your deleted SMS will be there.
- Find the Text Message folder within the program and locate the SMS you want to recover. Then click on “Recover”. You can then choose to add them back to your phone or save them on your computer.
Keep Your SMS Backed Up
Of course, you can prevent any of this from ever happening. To do that, just make sure that you back up you SMS regularly. There are a number of good SMS backup apps in Google Play that you can download and use.
Latest posts by EmmyCN (see all)
- Find your iPhone with Apple Watch’s Ping iPhone feature - February 10, 2018
- How to fix iPhone Bluetooth issues - February 6, 2018
- Here are some things to try out on Twitter for Android - December 7, 2017