Being able to set up your phone as a mobile hotspot to share your data plan with your laptop, tablet and other devices access via wi-fi is something that comes in handy. Here are easy steps to getting it done.
The ability to use your smartphone as a mobile hotspot is also called Wi-Fi tethering.
How To Set-up Mobile Hotspot aka Wi-Fi Tethering
- On your Android phone, go to Settings.
- Tap the Wireless & networks (also sometimes labelled Network & Internet) option.
- Select Hotspot & tethering
- Tap Setup Wi-Fi hotspot
- In the Network name field, enter the name you would like to give your mobile hotspot. It can be any name.
- Tap Security and select WPA2 PSK
- In the Password field, enter a password that is easy for you to remember but difficult for intruders to crack
- Click the Save button. Your hotspot is now set up
Any time you need to use your smartphone’s hotspot, you can enable it from your phone’s drop-down menu, or from Settings -> Wireless & networks -> Hotspot & tethering -> toggle the icon beside Wi-Fi hotspot. This activates your mobile hotspot.
You can always turn it off that way, or from your phone’s drop-down menu.
Connecting Other Devices
To set up your other devices to use the hotspot, turn on Wi-Fi on those devices by going to Settings -> Wireless & networks -> Wi-Fi. Toggle the button to On and wait till you see the name of your mobile hotspot listed as found, select it and enter the password you created above. This will connect your device.
After this initial setup, your device will automatically connect to your mobile hotspot whenever it is available and you turn on your Wi-Fi.
- Wi-Fi tethering allows you to share your portable hotspot with between 5 and 8 devices.
- The data you share via mobile hotspot is from your data bundle, so keep an eye on data consumption
- The above instructions are valid for any brand of Android phones – Note: Samsung, Huawei, Nokia, Google, TECNO, Infinix, Xiaomi, itel, Gionee, etc.
- Using your phone as a mobile hotspot drains the battery faster, so only turn your phone’s hotspot on only when you need to use it. To share your phone’s internet with other devices with less impact on your battery, you may want to consider Bluetooth tethering.
- how to share hotspot on itel
- can itel 5050 connect to hotspot?
- how to set itel p32 wifi
- how to connect itel a32f hotspot
- itel with hotspot
- how to connect pc to wifi to my itel p32 hotspot
- how to use hotspot on itel p32
- is it possible to use itel hot spot for blackberry wifi?
- how do i know itel p 32 security wpa2 psk password