A quick look at the Sony Xperia XZ1 specifications show us a premium 4G LTE smartphone that bucks the general trend of 2017. There is no big display. No bezel-less design. And no dual camera. But there is Sony’s traditional IP65 and IP68 water and dust resistance. And there is Sony’s traditional focus on delivering a great camera.
The camera has Predictive Capture – a feature in which the camera starts capturing images before you click. It accomplishes this by automatic movement detection. This is similar to Lumia cameraphones’ Living Images which was introduced in 2014. The iPhone has a similar Live Photos too the following year.
The Xperia XZ1 offers 3D scanning – a feature that lets you print out 3D photographs. There is support for 4G LTE networks too.
The Xperia XZ1’s 5.2-inch display is a welcome size, making the phone compact in size and handy. However, it looks like Sony messed up the whole experience by putting in a smallish battery that has a 2700 mAh capacity. Oh well. The Sony Xperia XZ1 was already sounding too good to be true anyway. Something had to spoil the picture.
This flagship from Sony has been announced for the Indian market. India is the place a smartphone enthusiast wants to live in right now. That country is getting mobile phone and mobile app love from everyone and from all sides.
Sony Xperia XZ1 Specifications & Price
Network and Software
- GSM: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G: LTE Frequency Bands
- SIM Type: Single and Dual Nano-SIM (dual stand-by) options
- OS: Android 8.0 Oreo
- Dimensions: 148 x 73 x 7.4 mm
- Weight: 156 g
- Display: 5.2-inch, 1920 x 1080 pixels, TRILUMINOS Display with X-Reality, Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Proximity, Compass
- Build: Aluminum unibody + IP65 + IP68 water and dust resistance
- Colours: Moonlight Blue. Black. Warm silver. Venus Pink
- Processor Type: Octa-core 2.4 GHz Cortex-A53
- Processor Name: Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 540
- RAM: 4 GB
- Internal Storage: 64 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 256 GB
- Rear: 19 megapixels, Exmor RS sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 5-axis stabilization, 1/2.3″ sensor, autofocus, LED flash
- Video recording: 4k @ 30fps
- Front-facing: 13 megapixels, f/2.0 lens and 1/3” Exmor RS
- Music Support: MP3/WAV/eAAC+ player
- Loudspeaker: Stereo
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player
- FM Radio: Yes
- Bluetooth: v5.0
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- GPS: Yes
- USB: USB 3.1, USB Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- NFC: Yes
- Charging: Quick Charge™ 3.0 + Qnovo Adaptive Charging
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 2700 mAh
- Announced: September 2017
- Availability: September 2017
- Smartphone Price: Rs. 44990
MobilityArena Buyer’s Guide Verdict
Our Buyer’s Guide Verdict is recommendation that we make based on our evaluation the specs of the device. It is a general guide designed to help you understand how much value a smartphone offers for its price. It is not a stamp of quality assessment or an endorsement of the device or of the manufacturers. Be sure to ask questions and use your judgement when buying any device, as MobilityArena may not be held responsible for your buying decisions.
Phone Review Rating
We are yet to review the Sony Xperia XZ1 and so do not have a review rating for it yet. This section will be updated with our review rating and a link to the review page, as soon as we have a review ready.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page about the Sony Xperia XZ1 are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.
Get MobilityArena updates on social media
We love to hear from you - your opinions, insights and experiences with smartphones and other gadgets. Be a part of Mobility Arena's active community by sharing a comment below if comments are enabled for this page.