The Xperia XZ2 is one half of the pair of flagships announced by Sony at MWC 2018. The other half is the Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact. Sony Xperia XZ2 has a 5.7-inch screen with 18:9 ratio, is powered by the most powerful processor available today, has stereo speakers, and records 4k video.
Thr front and bac of the Sony Xperia XZ2 is Gorilla Glass 5, and the device is rated IP65/68 for water and dust resistance. On the inside is 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage. The memory is expandable with memory cards of up to 400GB.
To keep the lights on is a 3180mAh battery, with QuickCharge 3.0 and Qi Wireless Charging. Sony does not appear to be taken with dual cameras yet, but then the top cameraphone from last year does not have dual camera either.
Sony has added something it calls Dynamic Vibration System, which helps you feel certain activities e.g. vibrations that match the sound from a movie you are watching on your Xperia XZ2. Interesting, no?
Xperia XZ2 Compact
The Xperia XZ2 compact is smaller, with a 5-inch display, has a less premium body, but has the same powerful processor and 4GB of RAM. The battery is smaller at 2870 mAh battery, but it has QuickCharge and wireless charging as well. Best of all, it has the same cameras as its bigger sibling. It also has the new Dynamic Vibration System built in.
Sony Xperia XZ2 Specifications and Price
Find below the full Sony Xperia XZ2 specs, features, availability and price.
Wireless Network and Software
- 2G: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz
- 3G: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G: LTE unspecified frequency bands
- SIM Type: Single and Dual SIM options
- OS: Android 8 Oreo
- Dimensions: 153 x 72 x 11.1 mm
- Weight: 198 g
- Display: 5.7 inches, 720 x 1440 pixels, 18:9 ratio, IPS LCD display
- Sensors: Fingerprint, Accelerometre, Proximity
- Build: Aluminium frame; Gorilla Glass 5. front and back; IP65/68 water resistance
- Colours: Liquid Black, Liquid Silver, Deep Green, Ash Pink
- Processor Type: 64-bit Octa-core 2.8GHz Cortex-A53
- Processor Name: Qualcomm Snapdragon 845
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 630
- RAM: 4GB
- Internal Storage: 64GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 400GB
- Rear: 19 megapixels, Sony IMX400 f/2.0, auto-focus, with hardware shutter and LED flash
- Video recording: 4K video recording @30fps
- Front-facing: 5 megapixels, f/2.2
- Music Support: MP3/WAV/eAAC+ player
- Audio: aptX HD audio
- Loudspeaker: Stereo speakers with S-Force surround
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player
- FM Radio:
- Bluetooth: v5.0
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
- GPS: Yes
- USB: microUSB v3.1, USB Type-C, USB-OTG
- NFC: Yes
- Charging: Quick Charge 3.0; Qi Wireless Charge
- Battery Type and Capacity: Lithium-Ion 3180mAh
- Announced: February 25th, 2018
- Availability: March 2018
- Smartphone Price: To BE Announced
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct.