TECNO Spark 4 Quick Specs: Android 9 Pie smartphone with 4G LTE support. Released in September 2019. Features 6.52-inch waterdrop display, Mediatek Helio A22 chipset, 8 MP selfie camera, 13 MP + 2 MP + low-light sensor rear AI triple camera, up to 4 GB RAM, up to 64 GB internal memory, and a 4000 mAh battery.
Phone Status: Official/Available. The Spark 4 has three variants – one with 2GB RAM + 32GB storage (sold in countries across Africa), another with 3GB RAM + 32GB storage, and a third with 4GB RAM + 64GB storage. The latter two models are available in Asia, while the lowest variant is on sale in Africa. Techies in Nigeria will not be pleased.
TECNO Spark 4 Specs, Specifications, Features
Wireless Network and Software
- 2G mobile network bands: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G mobile network bands: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G mobile network bands: LTE 1(2100) / 3(1800) / 5(850) / 40(2300) / 41(2500)
- 5G mobile network bands: No.
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, Dual SIM
- Software / OS: Android 9 Pie + HiOS 5.0
Design, Form Factor, Appearance
- Dimensions: 153 x 76.4 x 7.9 mm
- Weight: 169g
- Display: 6.52 inches, 720 x 1560 pixels, 20:9 aspect ratio, IPS LCD dot notch screen
- Colours: TECNO Spark 4 is available in a wide range of colours. The base 2GB RAM variant is available in Royal Purple, Vacation Blue, Misty Grey, and Energetic Orange. In India and surrounding countries, the 3GB RAM variant is available in Royal Purple and Vacation Blue. Lastly, the 4GB RAM variant is availble in Bay Black and Majestic Purple.
- Physical Build: Plastic.
Internal Hardware Specs
- Processor Type: 64-bit, 2.0 GHz Quad-core, Cortex-A7
- Processor Name: Mediatek Helio A22
- Graphics Processor: IMG PowerVR GE6320.
- RAM: 2 GB / 3 GB / 4GB
- Internal Storage: 32 GB / 64 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 128 GB (dedicated slot)
Photography, Video Recording
- Rear Camera: 13 MP + 2 MP + low-light sensor triple camera, f2.2 Aperture, dual LED flash, 1080p@30fps video recording
- Front-facing Camera: 8 MP, f2.0 Aperture, Flash, 720p@30fps video capture.
Audio, Video Playback
- Music Support: PCM, AAC / AAC + / eAAC + / MP3 / AMR – NB / WB / APE
- Audio: 3.5 mm audio jack
- Loudspeaker: Mono speakers
- Video Support: H.264/MP4/MPEG4 player
- FM Radio:
- Digital Compass: Yes.
- Accelerometer: Yes.
- Proximity Sensor: Yes.
- Ambient Light Sensor: Yes.
- Barometer: No.
- Pedometer: No.
- Heart Rate Monitor: No.
- Gyroscope (G-Sensor): Yes.
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes; rear-mounted.
- Face Unlock: Yes.
- Iris Scanner: No.
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: No.
- Voice Control: No.
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Google Assistant.
- Infra-red Sensor: No.
- Bluetooth: v4.2, A2DP
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- USB: microUSB v2.0; USB-OTG
- NFC: No.
Miscellaneous Specs and Features
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-Removable Lithium-Ion 4000 mAh
- Battery Charging: 5V/1A Regular Charging
- Reverse Charging: No.
- Model Number: N/A
TECNO Spark 4 Price and Launch Date
- Announced: September 2019
- Release Date: September 2019
- Country Availability: India. Nigeria. Kenya. Ghana.
- Price: ~$113 for the 3 GB + 32 GB variant. ~$127 for the 4 GB + 64 GB variant.
- TECNO Spark 4 Price In India: Rs. 7,999 for the 3 GB + 32 GB variant. Rs. 8,999 for the 4 GB + 64 GB variant.
- TECNO Spark 4 Price In Nigeria: The 2GB + 32GB variant was introduced in Nigeria for ₦34,500.
Answers to common questions about TECNO Spark 4
Is TECNO Spark 4 a 4G phone?
Does TECNO Spark 4 have a fingerprint scanner?
Does TECNO Spark 4 have Gorilla Glass?
Does TECNO Spark 4 have quick charging?
What is the price of TECNO Spark 4? How much does it sell in Nigeria?
MobilityArena Buyer’s Guide Verdict
We are seeing TECNO Mobile adopt a differentiated market approach with the different variants of the Spark 4. If you are resident in Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, and elsewhere in Africa, only the 2GB/32GB variant is officially available to you.
In India and other Asian countries, the 3GB/32GB and 4GB/64GB variants are on sale.
We wonder why this policy. Whatever the reason for it, it is similar to the policy that Nokia Mobile has implemented in the last two years – making only the lower variants of its phone models available in the Nigerian market while higher variants sell in other regions.
Regardless of the variant in view, the Spark 4 has a modest design, a triple camera at the back, as well as a fairly big 4000mAh battery. There is no quick charge in the picture though. In all, it is a decent 4G Android mobile phone at a decent price.
Our Buyer’s Guide Verdict is recommendation that we make based on our evaluation the specs of the device. It is a general guide designed to help you understand how much value a smartphone offers for its price. It is not a stamp of quality assessment or an endorsement of the device or of the manufacturers. Be sure to ask questions and use your judgement when buying any device, as MobilityArena may not be held responsible for your buying decisions.
TECNO Spark 4 Review Rating
We are yet to review TECNO Spark 4 and so do not have a review rating for it yet. This section will be updated with our review rating and a link to the review page, as soon as we have a review ready.
TECNO Spark 4 News
December 2020: TECNO Mobile began rolling out the Android 10 upgrade to the Spark 4. It was rolled out OTA (over-the-air). Source
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page about the TECNO Spark 4 are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.
Follow MobilityArena on social media!