Samsung Galaxy M20 quick specs: Android smartphone features a 6.3″ Infinity-V display, Exynos 7885 processor, 3 GB and 4 GB RAM options, 13 MP dual camera, 8 MP selfie camera, and 5000 mAh battery.
The Samsung Galaxy M10 and the Samsung M20 are near identical twins. They look the same, though the M20 is slightly bulkier. Other differences include screen resolution, selfie camera, battery, processor, RAM, internal storage, and memory card capacity. We break it down for you below.
In terms of display, the Samsung M20 is barely different from the M10. It has a 6.3″ Infinity-V display – only 0.1″ bigger. But it has a much higher resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels. If you have not been following Samsung news in recent times, Infinity-V refers to a class of displays with a v-style notch.
The notch houses a range of sensors, including an 8 megapixel lens for selfies. A cool factor is the breathing LED strip surrounding the notch. The LED strip lights whenever you unlock the phone. We wonder if it could be used for notifications too, so it lights up when a message arrives or you have a missed call.
Flip to the back of the Samsung Galaxy M20 and there is a dual camera with a 13 megapixels main sensor and a 5 megapixels depth sensor attached. Unlike the M10, the Samsung M20 has a fingerprint scanner at the back.
Powering the phone is Samsung’s own Exynos 7885 chipset. There are two RAM options available – 3 GB and 4 GB. These correspond to the two options available for Internal storage – 32 GB and 64 GB. There is a dedicated memory card slot to add more space for your files.
The Samsung Galaxy M20 is launching with Android 8.1 Oreo.
Where the Samsung M20 really stands out different from its sibling is the battery department. It has a big 5000 mAh battery built in.
Samsung Galaxy M20 Specs and Features
Wireless Network and Software
- 2G: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 MHz
- 3G: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G: LTE bands 1(2100) / 3(1800) / 5(850) / 8(900) / 20(800) / 38(2600) / 40(2300) / 41(2500)
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, Dual SIM
- OS: Android 8 Oreo + Experience UI 9.5
Design, Form Factor and Appearance
- Dimensions: 156.4 x 74.5 x 8.8 mm
- Weight: 183g
- Display: 6.3-inch, 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19:9 aspect ratio, TFT Infinity-V display
- Sensors: Fingerprint sensor, Ambient light sensor, Accelerometer, Proximity sensor, Gyro, Compass
- Build: Polycarbonate + Glass
- Colours: Black.
Internal Hardware Specs
- Processor Type: 64-bit Octa-core 1.8 GHz Cortex-A73
- Processor Name: Exynos 7904
- Graphics Processor: Mali-G71 MP1
- RAM: 3 GB / 4 GB
- Internal Storage: 32 GB / 64 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 512 GB (dedicated slot)
Photography and Video
- Rear Camera: 13 + 5 megapixels dual camera, auto-focus, Dual LED flash, 2160p@30fps video recording
- Front-facing Camera: 8 megapixels, 1080p@30fps video recording
- Music Support: MP3/WAV/eAAC+ player
- Audio: 3.5mm audio jack
- Loudspeaker: Mono
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4 player
- FM Radio: Yes
- Bluetooth: v4.2, A2DP
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS
- USB: microUSB v2.0; Type-C connector
Miscellaneous Specs and Features
- Battery Charging: 15W Fast charging
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-Removable Lithium-Ion 5000mAh
- Announced: January 2019
- Availability: January 2019
Samsung M20 Price and Availability
The Samsung Galaxy M20 is available only in Charcoal black and Ocean blue. It is on sale in India and an Amazon exclusive.
It will also be available in many other markets around the world. The 3 GB RAM variant is priced at INR 10,990, while the 4 GB variant will sell for around NR 12,990. That is about $180.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page about Samsung Galaxy M20 are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.