Samsung A3 Core specs in brief:
- OS: Android 10.
- Release Date: August 2020.
- Network Type: 2G/3G/4G
- Display: 5.3-inch, 720×1480 pixels resolution
- Processor: MediaTek MT6739
- Selfie Camera: 5 MP
- Rear camera: 8 MP
- RAM: 1 GB
- ROM: 16 GB
- Battery: 3000 mAh
Samsung A3 Core is an entry-level Android smartphone running Android 10 (Go Edition). It is the successor to Samsung Galaxy A2 Core which was released in April 2019. PS: it is not the same as Samsung Galaxy A03 Core.
Samsung Galaxy A3 Core Specs in Full
Mobile Wireless Network and Software
- 2G mobile network bands: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G mobile network bands: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G mobile network bands: LTE 1(2100) / 3(1800) / 5(850) / 8(900) / 38(2600) / 40(2300) / 41(2500)
- 5G mobile network bands: No.
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, Dual SIM
- Software / OS: Android 10 (Go Edition)
Design, Form Factor, Appearance
- Dimensions: 141.7 x 67.3 x 8.6 mm
- Weight: 150g
- Display: 5.3 inches, 720 x 1480 pixels, 18.5:9 aspect ratio, IPS LCD screen
- Colours: Red. Blue. Black.
- Physical Build: Plastic
Internal Hardware Specs
- Processor Type: 64-bit, 1.5 GHz Quad-core, Cortex-A53
- Processor Name: MediaTek MT6739
- Graphics Processor: PowerVR GE8100
- RAM: 1 GB
- Internal Storage: 16 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 512 GB (dedicated slot)
Photography, Video Recording
- Rear Camera: 8 MP camera, LED flash, 1080p@30fps video recording
- Front-facing Camera: 5 MP, Face Recognition, 1080p@30fps video capture
Audio, Video Playback
- Music Support: PCM, AAC / AAC + / eAAC + / MP3 / AMR – NB / WB / APE
- Audio: 3.5 mm audio jack
- Loudspeaker: Mono speaker
- Video Support: H.264/MP4/MPEG4 player
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Digital Compass: No.
- Accelerometer: Yes.
- Proximity Sensor: Yes.
- Ambient Light Sensor: No.
- Barometer: No.
- Pedometer: No.
- Heart Rate Monitor: No.
- Gyroscope (G-Sensor): No.
- Fingerprint Scanner: No.
- Face Unlock: Yes.
- Iris Scanner: No.
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: No.
- Voice Control: No.
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes; Google Assistant.
- Infra-red Sensor: No.
- Bluetooth: v4.2, A2DP
- Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- USB: microUSB v2.0.
- NFC: No.
Miscellaneous Specs and Features
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-Removable Lithium-Ion 3000 mAh
- Battery Charging: 5W standard charging
- Wireless Charging: No.
- Reverse Charging: No.
- Model Version/Number: SM-A013GZKDXFE.
Samsung Galaxy A3 Core Release Details
- Announced: August 2020
- Release Date: August 2020
- Country Availability: United States. Nigeria. Canada. United Kingdom. Australia. Ghana. Kenya. South Africa. Senegal. Tanzania. Cote D’Ivoire. India. Pakistan. Indonesia.
Samsung Galaxy A3 Core
- Price: $90.
- Samsung A3 Core Price In Nigeria: ₦33,000.
- Price in Kenya: Ksh. 8,999
- Price in Ghana: 325 Cedis
- Samsung A3 Core Price in South Africa: Rands 1 399,00
- Price in Tanzania: TZS 195,000
- Price in Uganda: UGX. 264,000
- Price in Indonesia: IDR 916,500
- Price in Pakistan: Rs17, 500
Questions and Answers about Samsung A3 Core
Here are answers to some of the most commonly asked questions about this budget Android smartphone.
Is Samsung Galaxy A3 Core waterproof?
No; it is not waterproof.
Is Samsung Galaxy A3 Core a 4G phone?
Yes; the Galaxy A3 Core is a 4G LTE phone.
Is Samsung Galaxy A3 Core dual SIM?
Yes; it is a dual SIM smartphone.
Is Samsung Galaxy A3 Core battery removable?
The battery of the A3 Core is not removable.
When was Samsung Galaxy A3 Core released?
The Galaxy A3 Core was released in August 2020.
Does Samsung A3 Core have a fingerprint scanner?
The Samsung A3 Core does not have a fingerprint reader.
Does Samsung A3 Core have Gorilla Glass?
No; the Samsung A3 Core does not have Gorilla Glass protection on its screen.
Does Samsung A3 Core have quick charging?
No; the Samsung A3 Core does not have quick charging technology.
Will the Galaxy A3 Core work in the USA?
Samsung Galaxy A3 Core has limited network support across various US carriers and telecom operators that run GSM-based networks. What this means that some bands are supported, while others are not. You will have to make enquiries from your carrier to know what bands/frequencies are supported on them.
Samsung Galaxy A3 Core Hands-on Video
Samsung Galaxy A3 Core: Price in Nigeria
Samsung Galaxy A3 Core costs US$90, or ₦33,000 in Nigeria. You can buy this phone on a credit/instalment/loan service from any one of several retailers, telecom operators, or service providers in Nigeria.
These include QuickCheck, and Carbon Zero, among others.
If you buy the Samsung Galaxy A3 Core through Jumia, you can get Jumia Protect (device insurance) for it as well for a small fee. If buying elsewhere, ask if insurance is available, as other retailers also offer an insurance cover for a small premium.
Samsung A3 Core Alternatives and Competitors
If you would like to explore other smartphone brands, you can get the itel A36, with similar specs, for a little less.
MobilityArena Buyer’s Guide Verdict for Samsung A3 Core
The Galaxy A3 Core is an entry-level Android phone and one of the most affordable 4G phones around. If you want 4G LTE at a pocket-friendly price, and can live without a fingerprint reader, you should consider this phone.
Our Buyer’s Guide Verdict is a recommendation that we make based on our evaluation of the specs of the device. It is a general guide designed to help you understand how much value a smartphone offers for its price. It is not a stamp of quality assessment or an endorsement of the device or of the manufacturers. Be sure to ask questions and use your judgement when buying any device, as MobilityArena may not be held responsible for your buying decisions.
Phone Review Rating
The Galaxy A3 Core is a decent entry-level Android smartphone with 4G LTE. It lacks a fingerprint scanner, something that you will find on many competing devices at similar price points. Those competing devices mostly lack 4G, though.
Samsung Galaxy A3 Core Alternatives
There are a number of available options in the ₦35,000 price range. TECNO POP 4 is one of them. It offers double the RAM and storage of the Core A3, and also has a much bigger battery, but lacks 4G LTE.
itel S15 Pro also has double the Samsung A3 Core’s RAM and ROM, has 4G LTE, but runs a slightly older software.
There is also Infinix Smart 4 16GB + 1GB, matching the memory specs of the Samsung, a slightly bigger battery, along with 4G LTE.
The Galaxy A3 Core’s predecessors, Samsung Galaxy A01 Core and Samsung Galaxy A2 Core, are also still on sale for a little less. The A2 Core has the same memory specs as the A3 Core, but a slightly smaller display. It is a 4G LTE device too.
For a little more, and for better performance and features, including a bigger 6.5″ display, a Snapdragon 450 chipset, 13MP triple camera, 3 GB RAM, 32 GB ROM, and a heftier 5000mAh battery, you should look at Samsung Galaxy A02s. Other Samsung phones that offer more include: Samsung Galaxy A02, and Samsung Galaxy M02.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and prices listed on this page are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.
- Don’t miss our mobile phone reviews.
- Follow our news on Google News.
- Join our WhatsApp Group, to be notified of the most important articles and deals,
- Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.