There are times when it looks like one manufacturer sits down and decides that their next course of action is to copy wholesale another manufacturer. This looks like what Asus has done this time, as the Asus Zenfone 5 is a clone of the iPhone X, top notch and all.
Asus boasts that its notch is “26% smaller than the Fruit Phone X” though and then uses a wallpaper that hides the notch in the phone’s official images. Sigh. One is not sure what to make of this. If you are proud of it, flaunt it, please.
The phone has an impressive 90% screen-to-body ratio though. Front and back, the Apple iPhone X influence is imprinted everywhere, from the notch to the camera location. And on the inside, the iPhone X touch is there too. Does Zenimoji remind you of Apple’s Animoji? Asus says ZeniMoji avatars can be used in video chats, live-streaming, and regular text chats.
Asus speaks of AI features in the Zenfone 5, including AI Charging, which dynamically adjusts the charging rate by monitoring the user’s charging habits. This helps to maximize the battery lifespan. AI Ringtone intelligently adjusts the ringer volume according to the ambient noise level, so the phone rings louder on a noisy street and quieter in a serene hotel lounge.
There is also AI Scene Detection in the camera, which analyses the subject and matches it to one of its 16 scene types. AI Photo Learning lets you teach the ZenFone 5 how you want your photos to look. It then automatically adjusts the camera settings for future shots — so photos will always reflect your unique style preferences.
What else does the Zenfone 5 offer? Dual camera, stereo speakers, fingerprint sensor, 4G LTE and VoLTE, and all the usual suspects.
There is a more powerful variant of the Asus Zenfone 5 called the Zenfone 5Z. We have all the technical details below.
Asus Zenfone 5 Specifications and Price
Find below the full Asus Zenfone 5 specs, features, availability and price.
Wireless Network and Software
- 2G: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz
- 3G: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G: LTE unspecified frequency bands
- SIM Type: Dual Nano-SIM
- OS: Android 8 Oreo + Zen UI 5.0
- Dimensions: mm
- Weight: g
- Display: 6.2 inches, 2246 x 1080 pixels, 19:9 ratio, 2.5D curved glass, Super IPS LCD display
- Sensors: Fingerprint, Accelerometre, Proximity
- Build: Metal frame + 2.5D curved glass front and back
- Colours: Midnight Blue. Meteor Silver
- Processor Type: 64-bit Octa-core
- Processor Name: Qualcomm Snapdragon 636
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 509
- RAM: 4GB / 6GB
- Internal Storage: 64GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 400GB (hybrid slot)
- Rear: Dual 12 megapixels, Sony IMX363 sensor, F/1.8 aperture, PDAF, OIS, auto-focus, LED flash
- Video recording: 2160p @ 60fps. 1080p @ 30fps
- Front-facing: 8 megapixels, F/2.0
- Music Support: MP3/WAV/eAAC+ player
- Loudspeaker: Stereo speakers
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player
- FM Radio: Yes
- Bluetooth: v4.2
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
- GPS: Yes
- USB: microUSB v2.0, USB Type-C, USB-OTG
- Charging: ASUS BoostMaster fast-charge technology + AI Charging
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Ion 3300mAh
- Announced: February 28, 2018
- Availability: April 2018
- Smartphone Price: To Be Announced
Asus Zenfone 5Z Specs
The Zenfone 5Z is a more powerful variant of the Zenfone 5, having a Snapdragon 845 processor, 6GB and 8GB of RAM, and 64GB, 128GB, and 256GB of internal storage options. While the price of the Zenfne 5 is yet to be announced, Asus says the Zenfone 5Z will start from $499.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct.
- asus zenfone 5z speakers