Back in May 2014, Apple acquired the popular subscription streaming music service Beats Music, and Beats Electronics, for $3 billion. Beats Music has now put up a notice on its homepage directing subscribers to migrate to Apple music. The service will be shut down on the 30th of November, so all migrations have to happen before then.
From the beats Music FAQ:
“Beats Music ends on November 30. Your subscription will be cancelled, but you can move your picks and preferences over to Apple Music right now.”
The following three reasons must be why Apple acquired beats:
- to acquire more users for Apple Music
- to acquire new talent/skill
- to take out a competitor
As part of the acquisition, Beats co-founders, Jimmy Iovine and Dr. Dre, joined Apple. It looks like this is a case of mission accomplished on all three counts. Beats Music has been swallowed up and is about to become history. Long live Apple Music.
- Don’t miss our mobile phone reviews.
- Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
Super Deals: MobilityArena may earn some commission when you purchase through the links below.
- Create any type of website in minutes, even if you have no coding skills? Build your website now.
- Own a unique smartphone that meets your specific needs. Buy now.