Your iPhone screen going blank is one of the scariest things that can happen to you. I know; I have been there. Without any warning, the screen goes blank (totally black) and the phone does not respond to any actions. You press buttons and tap the screen, and get no response. It is also known as the iPhone Black Screen of Death.
The first time the iPhone Black Screen of Death happened to me, I tried a number of things off the top of my head. I pressed and held the power button for long periods. No show. Next, I tried the Volume Down and Power buttons combination; zilch. Nothing. At that point, I was beginning to panic seriously.
How I fixed the iPhone Black Screen Of Death With A Forced Restart For iOS 16
Why did all these proven tricks not work for me? It turned out that it was because my unit was running iOS 16, and there was a new way to force restart iPhones running iOS 16. To force restart your iOS 16 iPhone that is not responding and cannot be turned off, follow the steps below:
- Press and quickly release the volume up button.
- Next, press and quickly release the volume down button.
- Now, press and hold the power/side button till the Apple logo appears on the screen.
- As soon as it appears, release the power/side button.
Your iPhone will now restart and should function as good as ever. That was what happened in my situation. It was such a relief to have my precious iPhone working fine again. Let me know how it went with you and you were able to fix the iPhone Black Screen of Death.
- Don’t miss our mobile phone reviews.
- Follow our news on Google News.
- Join our WhatsApp Group, to be notified of the most important articles and deals,
- Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
That motivated, gadget-loving geeky chic who tries to stay on top of things. Unapologetic iFan.