Have you needed to log out of the Facebook Messenger app on your smartphone and looked around for the logout button without any success? Me too! You couldn’t find the thing because it doesn’t exist. There is no Logout/Sign out button in Messenger, and so no visible way to logout of the app.
But there is a way around that to how to log out of Facebook Messenger. And do not fret; it isn’t a complicated, technical process. It really is quite simple. Just follow the steps below.
To logout of Messenger, follow these steps on your Android phone:
- Go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications.
- Open ‘Messenger’ and tap ‘Clear Data’.
That is it. This action clears your Facebook account login details from the Messenger app and logs you out. If you launch the app now, you will see that it asks you to login afresh.
PS: You can use this same procedure to force a log out of any app that you are logged in to on your phone.
- Don’t miss our reviews.
- Follow our news on Google News.
- Join our WhatsApp Group, to be notified of the most important articles and deals,
- Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.