Last Updated on by Admin
If your speakers are not producing any sound, it might be because the correct audio driver isn’t installed. If this is the case, then it’s time to update your sound drivers, especially if you also experience audio problems, such as crackling music or missing sound effects in games, or if your Windows computer is entirely silent.
Even for seasoned computer users, manually updating your audio drivers can be time-consuming and hectic. As a result, we’ve provided different methods in this easy guide with step-by-step directions to aid you.
So, keep reading to discover how to update audio drivers on Windows in this article. You’ll learn how to update your sound drivers instantly, automatically, or with special tools on your Windows device.
Updating Sound Drivers Automatically
Using driver updating software makes the process of updating your drivers quite simple. You wouldn’t need to search the internet for drivers or their INF files this way; even the best of geeks find that exhausting.
Using specialized software is a much easier solution. In fact, there are several programs that can help to simplify the procedure and eliminate all the effort because trying to update drivers manually can be extremely annoying.
One such specialized program is Avast Driver Updater, which thoroughly examines your computer, quickly identifies new or updated drivers for you, and, if you choose, keeps them updated automatically. To ensure that your drivers are updated fast and reliably, it examines the compatibility of more than 5 million drivers from more than 1,300 of the most well-known brands.
Using Windows Updates to Update Sound Drivers
Many legitimate and approved drivers are available through Windows Update. The sound chip or card in your computer should function properly even though these drivers typically aren’t the most recent.
Through their integrated Windows Update service, Windows 7 and Windows 10 both provide audio drivers. Here is how to use Windows Update to search for sound drivers on Windows 7:
● Select Control Panel from the Start menu by clicking on it.
● Windows Update and System and Security should be selected next.
● Select the option to Check for Updates.
● Watch for the outcome. Whether in the main view or the category for optional updates, search for audio drivers.
● Choose “Install” from the menu. That’s all you need to do!
On Windows 10 devices:
● Choose Settings by clicking the Start button in the bottom left corner.
● Click Windows Update & Security after that. Updates can be checked here.
● When any audio drivers are discovered, they will be automatically installed.
Using Device Manager to Update Audio Drivers
You’re good to go if Windows Update discovered files that needed updating and you can hear music and audio properly now. If the sound is still not working, Windows Update most likely failed to locate the correct driver.
You will have to actively search for them in such situations. Generally speaking, this means you’ll need to look for sound drivers on your device. Using Device Manager, we’ll demonstrate how to accomplish this on devices that run Windows 7 and Windows 10.
On Windows 7 devices:
● Select Properties after you right-click on Computer. Toggle the Device Manager option.
● Find the name of your sound card under Audio, Video, and Game Controller.
● You’ll need to click the name of your audio card twice. The Driver tab should then be selected. Afterward select Update Driver.
● Choose the “Search Automatically” option to check for driver software updates. Repeat these procedures and choose “Browse my computer for driver software” if that doesn’t turn up anything.
● The driver software must first be downloaded before installation. From the manufacturer’s website, you should typically be able to do this easily.
● Sometimes there will be no installer included with the driver. If so, keep track of where you obtained it (it might be in your Downloads folder, for instance) and extract that folder. Select “Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer” in the Update Driver Software popup.
● Click Browse after selecting Have Disk. Go to the folder where the new driver is located. You must search for files with the “.inf” extension since these files include all the data required for updating drivers.
● To install the driver, click Next. You should get a notice that says “Windows has successfully updated your Drivers” after a short while.
On Windows 10 devices:
● Device Manager can be found by typing it into the Startmenu. In the search results, select the Device Managerentry.
● Look for game controllers, video, and audio equipment. Windows will display the hardware connected to the audio chip in your machine.
● To access the Driver tab, double-click the audio entry. At this point, select the Update Driver option.
● Choose “Search automatically” to check for driver software updates.
● Return to Update Driver and choose “Browse my computer for driver software” if the Windows search provides no results
● Keep in mind that you must first obtain the driver software from the manufacturer’s website before you can install it.
● An installer might come with the driver that you download. If not, locate the driver file (it almost always ends in “.inf”) in your Downloads directory and extract it. Next, select the “Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer” option from the Update Drivers dialog box.
● Click Browse after selecting Have Disk. Go to the location where the driver you just downloaded is located. These files will typically contain all the data required for updating drivers.
● To install the driver, click Next. You should get a notification saying “Windows has successfully updated your drivers” after a short while.
Summarily, any of the methods we’ve described above should help you update your sound drivers easily and enjoy better audio on your Windows device. Just ensure that you follow the instructions correctly.
We also advise that you recommend this article to any of your loved ones who is looking for a similar fix for their Windows device.
- Don’t miss our mobile phone reviews.
- Follow our news on Google News.
- Join our WhatsApp Group, to be notified of the most important articles and deals,
- Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.