What makes the moto g stylus (2022) interesting? It is a combination of the stylus support and budget price. A pocket-friendly smartphone that you can scribble and draw on is a package that is hard to find in 2022.
Not a lot of people want a stylus with their smartphones any more, but if you do, you don’t necessarily have to pay between $700 and $1,500 to buy a Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra or Galaxy Fold3, which are the only mainstream phone models left that have one. LG and Infinix used to meet that need too, but they stopped a few years ago.
If you want a pocket-friendly smartphone with a stylus, Motorola is here to your rescue with a sub-$300 smartphone with decent specs, the moto g stylus (2022). And it has the hot looks too.
Motorola moto g stylus (2022) specs
- 6.8″, 1080 x 2460 pixels, 90Hz refresh rate, IPS LCD, Max Vision screen
- Colours: Twilight Blue and Metallic Rose
- Splash repellent body, providing moderate protection from water, such as accidental spills, splashes or light rain
- My UX, based on Android 11
- Wireless Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G.
- Processor: Octa-core, MediaTek Helio G88
- RAM: 6 GB
- ROM (Storage Memory): 128 GB.
- Memory Card: up to 512 GB
- Front Camera: 16 MP
- Main Camera: 50 MP main lens + 8MP ultrawide/macro lens + 2MP depth sensor.
- Battery: 5000 mAh
- Charging: 10W
- Stylus support.
- Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac. 2.4GHz & 5GHz. Wi-Fi hotspot
- Location: GPS, A-GPS, LTEEP, SUPL, GLONASS, Galileo
- Headphone jack: 3.5mm headset jack
- Sensors: Notification LED, Proximity, Ambient Light, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, SAR, Sensor Hub, Fingerprint reader (side-mounted).
Motorola moto g stylus (2022) price and availability
The moto g stylus (2022) is available on only one configuration (6 GB RAM + 128 GB ROM), and costs just $299.99. The snag is that it is not widely available, thanks to Motorola’s currently limited reach.
If you are in the United States, you are in luck, as that is the brand’s core market. It is available from February 17, 2022.
You can pick one up from Motorola and retail partners for use on the GSM and 4G LTE networks of AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, Cricket wireless, Metro PCS, TracFone, Consumer Cellular and Straight Talk Wireless. It does not support CDMA networks.
Outside of the USA, the United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, Germany, Japan, China, and India are another markets in which Motorola is active, so you can expect that the moto g stylus (2022) will be announced in those countries too.
Of course, regardless of your location, you can always order one online and have it shipped to you.
- Don’t miss our reviews.
- Join our WhatsApp Group, to be notified of the most important articles and deals,
- Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
Founder of MobilityArena. Yomi’s journey in mobile started in 2001. Besides obsessing over mobile phones, he also started creating WAP sites (early mobile-friendly websites created with WML). He began writing about phones in 2004 and has been at it since then. He has owned over 200 devices, from Symbian, Palm, PocketPC/Windows Mobile, BlackBerry/BB10, webOS, Windows Phone, Firefox, Ubuntu Touch, to Android, iOS, and KaiOS operating systems.