Nokia 6 2018, aka Nokia 6.1, quick specs: This is an Android One phone with a 5.5-inch IPS LCD display, 16 MP camera with Zeiss optics, Qualcomm Snapdragon 630, up to 4GB RAM, and up to 64GB intenral storage.
Also known as the Nokia 6.1, the Nokia 6 (2018), is an incremental upgrade from the original Nokia 6 that was launched in 2017. The physical design is similar, with slight modifications here and there.
There is no edge-to-edge display though the bezels are noticeably thinner, and there is no dual camera either. The main camera does have OZO audio recording for video.
Nokia 6 2018 / Nokia 6.1 Specs and Price
Find below the full Nokia 6.1 specs, features, availability and price.
Wireless Network and Software
- 2G mobile network: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900MHz
- 3G mobile network: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G mobile network: LTE Frequency Band for EMEA & APAC 1(2100) / 3(1800) / 5(850) / 7(2600) / 8(900) / 20(800) / 28(700) / 38(2600) / 40(2300). Bands differ for other regions.
- SIM Type: Dual Nano SIM
- Software / Operating System: Android 7 Nougat (China version), Android 8 Oreo (International version) upgradable all the way to Android 10
Design, Build, Appearance
- Dimensions: 148.8 x 75.8 x 8.15 mm
- Weight: 172 g
- Display: 5.5 inches, 1920 x 1080 pixels, IPS LCD display with Gorilla Glass 3.
- Sensors: Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Proximity, Gyro, Compass.
- Build: 6000 Series Aluminum unibody
- Colours: Copper on Black. Iron on White. Gold on Blue.
Internal Hardware Specs
- Processor Type: 64-bit Octa-core 2.2GHz Cortex-A53
- Processor Name: Qualcomm Snapdragon 630
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 508
- RAM: 3GB / 4GB
- Internal Storage: 32GB / 64GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 256GB (hybrid slot)
Photgraphy, Video Recording
- Rear Camera: 16 megapixels, auto-focus, LED flash with Zeiss optics, f/2.0 aperture, dual-LED dual-tone flash.
- Video recording: 2160, 1080 @ 30fps with OZO Audio recording.
- Front-facing Camera: 8 megapixels, f/2.0 aperture, 1080p video recording.
- Music Support: MP3/WAV/eAAC+ player
- Loudspeaker: Mono
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player
- FM Radio: Yes
- Bluetooth: v5.0, A2DP
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, hotspot
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- USB: microUSB v2.0, Type-C 1.0; USB-C
Miscellaneous Specs and Features
- Battery Charging: 18W Fast battery charging
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-removable Li-Ion 3000mAh
- Announced: January 5, 2018
- Release Date: April, 2018
- Launch Price: ₦92,000 / $230; $260
MobilityArena Buyer’s Guide Verdict
Nokia 6 2018 / Nokia 6.1 is a mid-range Android smartphone with a stunning body made of glass and 6000 series aluminum. The product images actually do not do it justice. It packs respectable specs and offers 2 years of Android version updates.
This is a good purchase for anyone shopping for a smartphone that looks and feels premium without paying premium money. It also gets the job done.
Our Buyer’s Guide Verdict is recommendation that we make based on our evaluation the specs of the device. It is a general guide designed to help you understand how much value a smartphone offers for its price. It is not a stamp of quality assessment or an endorsement of the device or of the manufacturers. Be sure to ask questions and use your judgement when buying any device, as MobilityArena may not be held responsible for your buying decisions.
Nokia 6 2018 aka Nokia 6.1 Review Rating
The Nokia 6 2018 aka Nokia 6.1 gets a 4/5 from us. Here is our hands-on review.
Nokia 6 2018 aka Nokia 6.1 News & Updates
October 2018: Nokia 6.1 gets Android 9 Pie update.
HMD Global has announced that the Nokia 6 2018 will get the Android 10 update in the last quarter of 2019.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information about Nokia 6 2018 mobile phone on this page are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.
That motivated, gadget-loving geeky chic who tries to stay on top of things. Unapologetic iFan. Currently rocking an Apple iPhone 7.