The successor to the Nord N10, OnePlus Nord N20 5G, is headed to the US market and looking like it is custom-fitted to take on the competition there. If you loved the Nord N10 and N100, you will likely love this new kid on the block. And if you are looking to get a budget phone on T-Mobile or MetroPCS this year, you should consider getting the Nord N20.
In 2021, OnePlus Nord phones, Nord N10 and Nord N100, sold over 2.5 million units in the United States alone. These two budget smartphones were available on T-Mobile and MetroPCS, and sold like hot cakes. If you were the decision makers at OnePlus, what would you do? We bet it is to double down on that success and get more phones sold this year.
The OnePlus Nord line has been a best-seller at T-Mobile and MetroPCS since the Nord N10 and Nord N100 hit shelves in February 2021.
Let’s have a look at the detailed specifications, features, and information about the Nord N20.
OnePlus Nord N20 5G specifications
Mobile Wireless Network and Software
- 2G mobile network bands: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz. CDMA 800 / 1900
- 3G mobile network bands: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G mobile network bands: LTE 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 20, 25, 26, 28, 38, 39, 40, 41, 66, 71.
- 5G mobile network bands: SA/NSA 2, 5, 25, 41, 66, 71
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, Dual SIM
- Software / OS: OxygenOS 11 based on Android 11
Design, Form Factor, Appearance
- Dimensions: 163 x 74.7 x 9 mm
- Weight: 190g
- Display: 6.43 inches (16.33 centimetres), 1080 x 2400 pixels, 60Hz refresh rate, 20:9 aspect ratio, AMOLED screen, Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Colours: .
- Physical Build: Glass front (Gorilla Glass 3), plastic back, plastic frame
Internal Hardware Specifications
- Processor Type: 64-bit, 2.3 GHz Octa-core
- Processor Name: Qualcomm Snapdragon 695 5G
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 619
- RAM: 6 GB
- Internal Storage: 128 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot)
Photography, Video Recording
- Main Camera: 48 MP main lens + 8 MP ultrawide lens, autofocus, LED flash, 4K@30fps, 1080p@30fps video recording
- Front Camera: 16 MP, fixed focus, Face Recognition, 1080p@30fps video capture
Audio, Video Playback
- Music Support: PCM, AAC / AAC + / eAAC + / MP3 / AMR – NB / WB / APE
- Audio: 3.5 mm audio jack
- Loudspeaker: Stereo speakers
- Video Support: H.264/MP4/MPEG4 player
- FM Radio: No.
- Digital Compass: Yes.
- Accelerometer: Yes.
- Proximity Sensor: Yes.
- Ambient Light Sensor: Yes.
- Barometer: No.
- Pedometer: No.
- Heart Rate Monitor: No.
- Gyroscope (G-Sensor): Yes.
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes; in-display.
- Face Unlock: Yes.
- Iris Scanner: No.
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: No.
- Voice Control: No.
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes; Google Assistant.
- Infra-red Sensor: No.
- Bluetooth Version: 5.2
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, hotspot
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, Galileo
- USB: microUSB v2.0. Type-C. USB-OTG.
- NFC: Yes.
Miscellaneous Specs and Features
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-Removable Lithium-Polymer 4500 mAh
- Battery Charging: 33W SuperVOOC fast charging
- Wireless Charging: No.
- Reverse Charging: No.
- Model Version/Number: BE
Launch/Release Dates and Information
- Announced: April 19, 2022
- Release Date: April 28, 2022
- Price: $282, exclusively available through T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile.
Is OnePlus Nord N20 a 5G phone?
OnePlus Nord N20 supports both Standalone and non-standalone 5G networks in the US. It works with the 5G networks of T-Mobile and MetroPCS.
is OnePlus Nord N20 battery removable?
The 45000mAh battery is non-removable and comes with SuperVOOC fast charging.
Is OnePlus Nord N20 good for gaming?
The Snapdragon 695 chipset is a decent mid-range performer, enabling gameplay for most games, including some high-graphics intensive titles.
Does OnePlus Nord N20 support OTG?
With a USB-C port, Nord N20 supports USB On-The-Go, so you can plug in other USB devices and accessories.
OnePlus Nord N20 Price: How much is OnePlus Nord N20?
The Nord N20 retails for $282.
Does OnePlus Nord N20 have Google Play Store?
It supports Google Services and software applications, including Play Store and Maps, Gmail, YouTube, and others.
OnePlus Nord N20 vs Nord N10: Compare
|OnePlus Nord N20 5G||OnePlus Nord N10 5G|
|6.43 inches, 1080 x 2400 pixels, 60Hz, AMOLED||6.49 inches, 1080 x 2400 pixels, 90Hz, LCD IPS|
|Android 11||Android 10|
|Snapdragon 695 5G||Snapdragon 690 5G|
|6 GB RAM||6 GB RAM|
|128 GB storage||128 GB|
|48 MP + 8 MP rear camera||64 MP + 8 MP + 2 MP + 2 MP rear camera|
|16 MP selfie camera||16 MP selfie camera|
|2G, 3G, 4G, 5G||2G, 3G, 4G, 5G|
|In-display fingerprint scanner||Rear-mounted fingerprint scanner|
|4500 mAh, non-removable battery||4300 mAh, non-removable battery|
|33W fast charging||30W fast charging|
From the specs above, we see that OnePlus Nord N20 5G is more powerful than its predecessor, yet there is a bit of a give-and-take happening here and there. The display is 60Hz AMOLED in place of the N10’s 90Hz LCD. That is a trade-off that we consider fair. We will take the AMOLED display any day. In addition, the 64 MP quad camera at the back of the N10 has been swapped out for a 48 MP dual camera on the N20.
That is a tough one. On paper, the N10 has the more formidable camera specs. But we also know that camera quality is not about the megapixel counts, so the jury is out on this one. If you are coming from the N10 and are particular about the camera, you might want to hold off for the first OnePlus Nord N20 reviews to come out before making a decision.
Both devices are 5G enabled, and since you are likely buying the N20 from T-Mobile or its MVNO, MetroPCS, you are rest assured that it works with their networks.
It is a bummer, though, that OnePlus Nord N20 5G rolls out of the factory with OxygenOS 11 on Android 11. Android 12 has been out for about 6 months now, and it doesn’t make sense that a smartphone of this nature is being released in April 2022 with dated software.
MobilityArena Buyer’s Guide Verdict
Based on the specs alone, OnePlus Nord N20 looks like a compelling budget smartphone and offers more than the competition does. You will be hard-pressed to find an AMOLED screen on a competing budget phone from Samsung, Motorola, or Nokia. Neither will you find fast charging as good as what obtains on the Nord N20.
The in-display fingerprint scanner is also a sweet deal. If you are looking to buy an affordable 5G smartphone this year, you should definitely consider the OnePlus Nord N20 5G. If you would like to see what else is available, have a look at the most affordable budget 5G phones.
Our Buyer’s Guide Verdict is a recommendation based on the specs of the device and a general guide to help you understand how much value a device offers for its price. It is not an endorsement of the device. Ask questions and use your judgement when buying any device; MobilityArena takes no responsibility for your buying decisions.
OnePlus Nord N20 5G Phone Review Rating
We have not yet reviewed the Nord N20 5G, and so do not have a review rating for it yet.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please leave a comment below.
- Don’t miss our reviews.
- Join our WhatsApp Group, to be notified of the most important articles and deals,
- Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.