Last Updated on by Admin
|Summary of specs for Rimo8|
- 2G bands: GSM, GPRS, EDGE
- 3G bands: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA
- 4G bands: LTE
- 5G bands: No.
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, Dual SIM
- Software / OS: Android 9
- Dimensions: 165.4 x 76.2 x 8.9 mm
- Weight: 164g
- Display: 7.0 inches, 3040 x 1440 pixels, 19:9 aspect ratio, IPS LCD screen
- Colours: Blue Blue. White White. Black Black.
- Physical Build: Plastic.
- CPU: 1.6 GHz Octa-core
- Chipset: MediaTek MTK6595 or MTK6889
- GPU: ARM
- RAM: 12 GB
- Storage: 512 GB
- Card Slot: microSD, up to 128GB (dedicated slot)
- Main Camera: 12 MP, LED flash, 1080p video recording
- Front Camera: 5 MP, LED flash, Face Recognition, 720p@30fps video capture
Audio, Video Playback
- Music Support: PCM, AAC / AAC + / eAAC + / MP3 / AMR – NB / WB / APE
- Audio: 3.5 mm audio jack
- Loudspeaker: Mono speaker
- Video Support: H.264/MP4/MPEG4 player
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Digital Compass: No.
- Accelerometer: Yes.
- Proximity Sensor: No.
- Ambient Light Sensor: No.
- Barometer: No.
- Pedometer: No.
- Heart Rate Monitor: No.
- Gyroscope (G-Sensor): No.
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes; in-display.
- Face Unlock: Yes.
- Iris Scanner: No.
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: No.
- Voice Control: No.
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: N/A.
- Infra-red Sensor: No.
- Bluetooth: v4.2, A2DP
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, hotspot
- GPS: Yes
- USB: microUSB v2.0.
- NFC: .
- Battery: Non-removable 5600 mAh
- Charging: Quick Charge
- Wireless Charging: No.
- Reverse Charging: No.
- Model Version/Number: N/A.
- Announced: 2019
- Released: 2020
- Available: China, Nigeria, Philippines, India, Ghana, Kenya, Pakistan.
MobilityArena Buyer’s Guide Verdict
Rimo8 is one of those phones that leave you more confused. It has conflicting specs and features across different websites. And some of these specs are ridiculous for the price being listed.
For example, on one e-commerce website, it has 12 GB of RAM, but 8 GB on another. The main camera is listed as 8 MP on one and 48 on another. One online store sells it as a 5G Android phone, but the MediaTek chipset on the specs sheet is a 4G LTE model – in fact, it is the first MediaTek chipset with 4G LTE and was announced in 2014.
But another e-commerce store lists it with the MediaTek MTK6889 (Dimensity 1000) chipset, which is a 5G chip.
As for the price, it is the most conflicting thing ever. One store lists it as available for $635. Another 635 SAR, another 6.965 PHP, and yet another says it sells for ₦28,050.
Make of you what you will of the Rimo8, but we cannot honestly recommend it to anyone. We advice that you stay away from the product.
Our Buyer’s Guide Verdict is a recommendation that we make based on our evaluation of the specs of the phone or device. It is a general guide designed to help you understand how much value a smartphone offers for its price. It is not a stamp of quality assessment or an endorsement of either the device or of its manufacturers. Be sure to ask questions and use your judgement when buying any device, as MobilityArena may not be held responsible for your buying decisions.
Rimo8 Phone Review Rating
We are yet to review the Rimo8 and so do not have a review rating for it yet. This section will be updated with our review rating and a link to the review page, as soon as we have a review ready.
It is difficult to recommend alternatives to the Rimo8, as its specs are not clear enough to place it. We would say though that whatever your budget, you are better off spending your money on a phone by a better known brand, including Samsung, Nokia, TECNO, Infinix, itel, OPPO, UMIDIGI, Vivo, Partner, etc.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page about the Rimo8 are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.