Samsung’s first Bada-powered device is the S8500 Wave. That device is soon to get a bunch of siblings, including two side-sliding QWERTY keyboard devices.
You’ve read our reviews of the Samsung S8003 Jet, as well as demos of the S8500 Wave, so you have a good idea of what to expect from Samsung’s Bada OS. Now, think of that gorgeous display, sweet user interface, add some even more advanced functionality and then slap a QWERTY keyboard on those. Smartphone heaven?
Samsung is reported to have displayed four new Bada devices at a Bada Developer Day. Reports from the event state that there is no detailed information on these new smartphones, besides them being cheaper, and two of them having a hardware slide-out QWERTY keyboard in addition to touchscreens.
Highlights of the event:
- info on latest user interface, TouchWIZ 3.0
- info on integrated Social Hub
- Samsung’s plans to expand its Bada smartphone to 75 countries, 156 operators, and offer more than 6 500 apps to go with it
- Samsung’s ambitous target of overtaking Nokia in terms of marketshare
Samsung is officially after Nokia’s marketshare? We knew that those guys were ambitious, but this is setting it in stone. Go, Samsung!
Watch these pages for more information on the upcoming devices, launch dates and prices.
Latest posts by Mister Mobility (see all)
- This brand offers the best value for money smartphone in Nigeria - February 15, 2019
- Samsung Galaxy S9 problems pop up after Android Pie update - February 14, 2019
- PiggyBank rebrands to PiggyVest but we are not having it - February 11, 2019