Vivo iQOO 7, sporting a 6.62-inch120 Hz display, 5G-capable Snapdragon 888 chipset, gaming enhancements, and 120W fast charging, has been announced by the Chinese manufacturer.
The 2021 flagship smartphone runs the all-new Origin OS, the company’s replacement for Funtouch OS, and uses the latest flagship processor by Qualcomm, the Snapdragon 888. This is paired with 8GB and 12 GB RAM options, as well as 128GB and 256GB UFS 3.1 storages with Multi-Turbo 5.0 storage architecture.
As you would expect from a top tier, gaming-centric flagship, things get heated during intense gameplay. As such, it is equipped with a Vapor Chamber for cooling.
This 5G smartphone has a 6.62-inch AMOLED display with a 120 Hz refresh rate and 300 H touch sampling rate. There is a centred punch hole that houses the 16-megapixel selfie camera.
Flip the phone over to find a camera bump at the back. It houses a triple camera setup, made up of a 48-megapixel primary lens, a 13-megapixel ultra-wide lens, and a 13-megapixel portrait lens. The camera is supported by a single LED flash for night shots.
Keeping the power on is a 4000mAh battery coupled with the company’s120W fast charging technology that promises to deliver a full charge from zero in just 15 minutes.
Vivo iQOO 7 specs
- OS: Origin OS based on Android 11
- Release Date: January 15, 2021
- RAM: 8 GB / 12 GB
- Internal Storage/ROM: 128 GB / 256 GB
- External Memory: MicroSD card
- Network Type: 4G/5G
- Selfie Camera: 16MP
- Rear camera: 48MP main lens +13MP ultrawide lens + 13MP portrait sensor; LED flash
- Display: 6.62-inch HD+ (1080×2400 pixels) AMOLED display
- Dimensions: 162.2x 75.8x 8.7 mm
- Weight: 209.5 g
- Fingerprint Scanner: Under-display
- Battery: 4,000mAh with 120W fast charging support (0 to 100% in 15 minutes)
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 chipset + Adreno 660 GPU
Vivo iQOO 7 price and availability
The Vivo iQOO 7 will go on sale in China from January 15, 2021.
Prices start from CNY 3798 ($586) for the base 8/128GB model, and CNY 4198 ($647) for the 12/256GB higher variant.
There is no official word on international availability at this time.