Linking your phone to Google means connecting your Google account from your android phone to your desktop. Once this is done, you can send commands to your phone from the desktop and perform various functions like finding your phone, sending notes to your phone, setting an alarm, etc. Follow the steps below:
1: Install/Update Google app
- Open Google Play Store and download Google Now, or update it if necessary.
2: Turn on Google Now
- Open Google app with the icon .
- Touch the Menu icon > Settings > Now cards.
- Initiate Show cards.
- Initiate Show notifications.
3: Initiate Web & App Activity
- Visit the Account History page.
- Tick the box to turn on Web Activity.
4: Sign in to your browser on phone and PC
- On your phone, open the Google app .
- Touch the Menu icon .
- On the top left corner, you’ll see the email address used for the Google app.
- Visit www.google.com on your computer.
- Make sure you’re signed in, click Sign in in the top right corner of the page.
- Sign in using the same Google Account used for the Google app.
From there you can proceed to do any of the searches.
- note to self – For sending notes to your phone.
- send directions to my phone – For sending directions to Google Maps installed on your phone.