If you enjoy playing mobile games, there’s a good chance that you’re not happy with your phone’s current gaming performance. This does not apply to you if you are using a premium flagship smartphone. For the rest of us, we all could use some boost in our phone’s gaming performance.
However, there are many things you can do to make the most of your phone’s potential. And the best part is that you do not require root access for the majority of these Android gaming optimization tips.
In this article, we’ll go over some of the most effective tips for improving gaming performance on Android without rooting your phone.
Table of Contents
How Can I Boost Gaming Performance on My Android Phone?
Do you enjoy playing mobile games? Follow the simple instructions below to optimize your Android phone and improve gaming performance on it.
Use a Faster Internet Connection
These days, the majority of Android games require internet access in one way or another. A faster internet connection can improve gaming performance and experience on Android. This is particularly true when playing online multiplayer games such as Call of Duty, eFootball, and others. So, always choose a fast and reliable internet connection.
Increase the Refresh Rate of the Screen
A higher screen refresh rate will improve the visual appeal of your games and result in smoother animations. Changing to a high refresh rate is one of the simplest ways to improve gaming performance on Android without rooting.
You can alter the screen refresh rate on a lot of Android devices, including high-end and mid-range models from manufacturers like Samsung and OnePlus, and Google’s Pixel phones. The visual quality of your games will significantly improve if you set this to the highest setting on your phone.
Here’s how to increase the refresh rate on phones that support this feature:
- Open the Settings application on your phone and select Display.
- On the next screen, click Advanced
- Tap the Refresh rate button.
- Choose the option on your screen that has the highest refresh rate available.
Disable Force 4x
Some Android phones have a Force 4x MSAA (multisample anti-aliasing) option that significantly improves the visual appeal of games. It won’t come as a surprise if you’ve always had it enabled because it’s unquestionably the best developer option setting for enhancing the visual appeal in games.
Unfortunately, this setting materially reduces gaming performance. Playing graphically intensive games like PUBG Mobile, Fortnite, Apex Legends and others will cause frame drops if your smartphone’s processor isn’t powerful enough.
Furthermore, it quickly depletes the battery. So, if you want to improve gaming performance on your Android, you may need to disable force 4x
Keep in mind that not all phones support Force 4X. However, you can see if you have the option by performing the following steps:
- Launch the Settings application, choose About phone, then click Build number seven times. Your phone should now indicate that you are a developer. Before enabling the feature, some devices may require you to enter your device password.
- Go back to the main Settings menu, then select System.
- Select Developer options.
- Locate the “Force 4x MSAA” setting and turn it off.
If these steps don’t work, simply search for“Force 4X“in the Settings app’s top search bar. Remember that you must first enable the developer options.
Clean Up the Junk on Your Phone
The more files you have on your phone, the slower it will become. This is especially true if your phone’s storage space is running low.
You can find unused files and securely delete them from the phone using a built-in feature on many Android phones, including Samsung models. This will significantly improve gaming performance on your Android.
How to locate and use this feature is as follows:
- Navigate to Settings > Storage on your phone.
- Select the Free Up Space option.
- Select the items you no longer use and click Free Up in the bottom right.
Alternatively, look into apps that will remove junk files from your Android device.
Reduce Background Processes
Background processes can degrade the gaming performance of your Android phone by reducing the amount of memory available for your game. As a result, reducing the number of background processes will improve gaming performance on your Android.
Note, however, that only if you enable Developer Options will this option be accessible. Follow these instructions to limit the number of background processes your device runs:
- Navigate to System in Settings.
- Scroll down to Apps after selecting Developer options.
- Press the Background process limit and set the maximum number of background processes to your liking.
Turn on Dolby Atmos Audio
Dolby Atmos surround sound improves the audio quality of your games significantly. So, if your Android phone has this feature, you can enable it and enjoy higher-quality sounds in your games.
This feature is available on most Samsung Galaxy phones and can be toggled on and off via the Settings menu.
Here’s how it’s done:
- On your phone, go to Settings and select Sounds and vibration.
- On the next screen, click on Sound quality and effects.
- Turn on Dolby Atmos for gaming
In conclusion, the suggestions in this guide will help improve gaming performance on your phone significantly if your Android device serves as your primary gaming system.