|Gigaset GS5 specs in brief|
Gigaset GS5 specs & features
Mobile Wireless Network and Software
- 2G mobile network bands: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G mobile network bands: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G mobile network bands: LTE 700 / 800 / 850 / 900 / 1800 / 2100 / 2300 / 2600.
- 5G mobile network bands: No.
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, Dual SIM
- Software / OS: Android 11 (guaranteed upgrade to Android 12)
Design, Form Factor, Appearance
- Dimensions: 157.5 x 75 x 10.4 mm
- Weight: 210g
- Display: 6.3 inches, 1080 x 2340 pixels, 18:9 aspect ratio, IPS LCD screen, Material 2.5D glass with a scratch-resistant and anti-smudge surface
- Colours: Dark titanium grey, Light purple.
- Physical Build: Tempered glass back
Internal Hardware Specs
- Processor Type: 64-bit, 2.0 GHz Octa-core, Cortex A75
- Processor Name: MediaTek Helio G85
- Graphics Processor: ARM Mali-G52
- RAM: 4 GB
- Internal Storage: 128 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 512 GB (dedicated slot)
Photography, Video Recording
- Main Camera: 48 MP sensor + 8 MP ultra-wide angle & macro lens, autofocus, LED flash, 1080p@30fps video recording
- Front Camera: 16 MP, fixed focus, Face Recognition, 1080p@30fps video capture
Audio, Video Playback
- Music Support: PCM, AAC / AAC + / eAAC + / MP3 / AMR – NB / WB / APE
- Audio: 3.5 mm audio jack
- Loudspeaker: Mono speaker
- Video Support: H.264/MP4/MPEG4 player
- FM Radio: .
- Digital Compass: Yes.
- Accelerometer: Yes.
- Proximity Sensor: Yes.
- Ambient Light Sensor: Yes.
- Barometer: No.
- Pedometer: No.
- Heart Rate Monitor: No.
- Gyroscope (G-Sensor): Yes.
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes; rear-mounted.
- Face Unlock: Yes.
- Iris Scanner: No.
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: No.
- Voice Control: No.
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes; Google Assistant.
- Infra-red Sensor: No.
- Bluetooth Version: 5.0
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, hotspot
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, Galileo, GPS, Glonass, Beidou
- USB: microUSB v2.0. Type-C. OTG (USB on the go)
- NFC: Yes.
Miscellaneous Specs and Features
- Battery Type and Capacity: Removable Lithium-Polymer 4500 mAh
- Battery Charging: up to 18W Quick charge.
- Wireless Charging: 15W.
- Reverse Charging: Yes.
- Model Version/Number:
Launch/Release Dates and Information
- Announced: October 29, 2021
- Release Date: October 2021
Gigaset GS5 Prices by Country
- European Union: €299 euros
- Nigeria: ₦
- Egypt: Egyptian Pound
- UAE: AED
- India: Indian Rupee
- Iraq: Iraqi Dinar
- Kenya: Ksh.
The above prices may change with time from country to country, as market forces and economic policies influence product price movements.
Does Gigaset GS5 have Google Play Store?
It supports Google Services and software applications, including Play Store and Maps, Gmail, YouTube, and others.
Will Gigaset GS5 work in the USA?
This is a GSM phone and is supported on US GSM carriers like AT&T and T-Mobile and other networks riding on their networks. It does not support CDMA networks. Do make enquiries from your carrier to know what bands/frequencies are supported on their service.
MobilityArena Buyer’s Guide Verdict
The GS5 has a removable battery – something that is a rarity today. It also offers decent specs and value for the price. However, Gigaset smartphones are not commonly found outside of Germany, its country of production. Which is kind of sad, because a lot of people are looking to buy a smartphone that is not made in China. And there are not many of those around any more.
Our Buyer’s Guide Verdict is a recommendation based on the specs of the device and a general guide to help you understand how much value a device offers for its price. It is not an endorsement of the device. Ask questions and use your judgement when buying any device; MobilityArena takes no responsibility for your buying decisions.
Gigaset GS5 Phone Review Rating
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please leave a comment below.