Last Updated on by Admin
What is Google TV? It is a service running on top of Android TV, but with a graphical user interface that looks different from Android TV. The app provides video content from platforms like Netflix, HBO Max, Prime Video, Disney+, and Hulu, and is available for both iPhone/iPad and Android devices. If you are in a supported country, you can download the app from your device from the device’s app store.
You can watch on your Apple iPhone, iPad, Android smartphone and tablet, or on your smart TV, via Chromecast. There is an in-app remote controller available with the service, so you can control things right from your smartphone.
What is the difference between Android TV and Google TV? They are essentially the same, but with the latter having a more refined user interface, an in-app remote, and other extra features. Android TV manufacturers are expected to embrace Google TV going forward. As a matter of fact, some manufacturers are already pre-installing it in their TV sets. Google may also push out software updates to replace Android TV on existing sets with the new service.
Google TV is designed such that subscribers never leave the service’s user interface to access the movies and shows they enjoy. Using it, you won’t have to dive into Netflix or Hulu to watch a show; you will be able to watch shows from those platforms without leaving the interface.
What countries have Google TV?
It is now available in over 100 countries, including the following:
United States of America.
Find the full list of countries at the end of this article.
Does Google TV work outside the US?
Yes; it works inside and outside the United States. It is currently available in over 100 countries, and counting.
When was Google TV introduced?
It was introduced in September 2020 to replace Google Play Movies and the TV app.
Is Google TV available in South Africa?
In July 2022, the service and app was officially made available in South Africa and 18 other African countries.
They include: Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Cote d’Ivoire, Egypt, Gabon, Mali, Mauritius, Namibia, Niger, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
What kind of content is available on Google TV?
You can watch movies and shows from your streaming services in the Google TV app . You can also buy or rent movies and shows.
Which manufacturers support Google TV?
Manufacturers already proving Google TV include: TCL, Sony, and HiSense.
Is there a monthly fee for Google TV?
There is no charge to use the service. You do have to be subscribed to any channel or service you want to stream video content from.
What channels are available with Google TV?
Available channels and platforms include:
Amazon Prime Video
Google Play Movies
Paramount+ (formerly CBS All Access)
Can you watch regular TV or local channels on Google TV?
Yes; you can – by installing an app that provides access to regular TV channels.
Is Google TV free with Chromecast?
Google TV itself is free. You do have to purchase your Chromecast, and there is no subscription fee to use it with Chromecast. And if you want to watch movies and shows from platforms like Netflix, HBO, and others, you have to pay to subscribe to those platforms.
Google TV Countries: The Full List
- United States, Canada
- Albania, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, Netherlands, North Macedonia, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, UK
- Australia, Cambodia, Fiji, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Kazakhstan, Korea, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Malaysia, Nepal, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Thailand, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Vietnam
Latin America & Caribbean
- Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Trinidad and Tobago, Uruguay, Venezuela
Africa, Middle East, and India
- Angola, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Egypt, India, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Mali, Mauritius, Namibia, Niger, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, UAE, Zimbabwe
- Don’t miss our reviews.
- Follow our news on Google News.
- Join our WhatsApp Group, to be notified of the most important articles and deals,
- Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.