If you want a privacy-focused computer, the Librem Mini PC looks like what the doctor ordered. It runs the privacy-focused PureOS, is smaller than a Mac Mini, and a little bigger than a Raspberry Pi. so you get a combination of portability with security and privacy.
Librem Mini PC is designed for both mobility and performance. Inside is a quad-core i7 processor and fast DDR4 memory, along with full disk encryption and tamper detection.
In addition, it comes with a 4K HDMI 2.0 and a Display Port, as well as a USB-C port, four USB 3.0 ports, and two USB 2.0 ports. This mini has you covered, whatever connectivity options you have available.
Carry your compact, mini PC around, and plug in a display to get your work done everywhere you go,
Purism, the makers of Librem 5 smartphone is the same company behind this. They have created an ongoing $50,000 campaign for the Librem mini PC. Shipping of the product starts one month after reaching the campaign pre-order goal.
Librem Mini PC Specifications
- 12.8cm (5.0 inches) x 12.8cm (5.0 inches) x 3.8cm (1.5 inches)
- 1 kg (2.2 pounds)
- New eighth-generation quad‑core i7 processor
- Up to 64 GB of Fast DDR4 Memory
- SATA III, M.2 PCI Express 3.0 x4
- Gigabit Ethernet with optional WiFi
- 4K HDMI 2.0 and Display Port
- USB-C, 4x USB 3.0, 2x USB 2.0
- Gigabit Ethernet, 3.5mm AudioJack
- Librem Key support
- Disabled and neutralized Intel® Management Engine
- Detect hardware and software tampering
- Full disk encryption
- Free, private, secure and stable GNU/Linux
Librem Mini PC Price
The Librem Mini’s price starts from $699 and goes up as high as $3,492, depending on the configuration you want, It is available for pre-order HERE. It ships from Purism’s base in San Francisco, California, in the United States of America and worldwide shipping is available.
We love to hear from you - your opinions, insights and experiences with smartphones and other gadgets. Be a part of Mobility Arena's active community by sharing a comment below if comments are enabled for this page.