Modern smartphones are power-hungry, for a number of reasons, and the iPhone is no exception. As a matter of fact, iPhones have a reputation of many years for not having the best battery life. What can you do to make your iPhone battery last longer? Apart from the display of your iPhone, which is very obvious, some of the other top battery drainers are not so obvious, because they are hidden away.
Those pesky background activities eat up a good chunk of your iPhone’s charge. One of the ways to fix this is to disable a few things that run in the background. Let’s get right to helping you make your iPhone battery last longer.
Table of Contents
Make your iPhone battery last longer by turning off Background App Refresh
There are apps constantly refreshing data in the background. This happens whether you are actively using your iPhone or it is laying there on your desk in standby mode. To improve battery life, you need to disable background app refresh on your device. Here is how to do it.
- Open Settings.
- Tap on General.
- Scroll down till you see Background app refresh; tap on it to open it.
- Tap Background App Refresh at the top of the page.
- In the next page, select Off.
Alternatively, you can turn off Background App Refresh only for selected apps. To do this, follow the above steps to Step 3. You will see a list of apps that refresh in the background. Toggle off each one that you want to disable from refreshing in the background.
Improve your iPhone’s battery life by disabling Siri & Search notifications
You can make your iPhone battery last longer by turning off a number of Siri & Search features, as follows:
- Open Settings
- Scroll down till you see Siri & Search; tap on it.
- Disable Allow Notifications
- Disable Show in App library
- Disable Show when sharing
Improve your iPhone’s battery life by disabling some location services
Another thing you can do to make your iPhone battery last longer is to disable some location services. Note: some. I am sure you need location services active for a number of apps that you use, including Maps. But there are some location features that you do not use on the regular and can be safely turned off to preserve your iPhone’s battery life.
- Open Settings
- Scroll down to Privacy & Security, and tap on that
- Tap on Location Services
- Tap on System Services
- Disable Location-Based Alerts
- Disable Location-based Suggestions
- Disable iPhone Analytics
- Disable Routing & Traffic
Just by disabling the above features, you will get improved battery life on your iPhone, regardless of the model.
- Don’t miss our mobile phone reviews.
- Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
Super Deals: MobilityArena may earn some commission when you purchase through the links below.
- Create any type of website in minutes, even if you have no coding skills? Build your website now.
- Own a unique smartphone that meets your specific needs. Buy now.
Way back from the days of EPOC, Symbian, Palm, PocketPC/Windows Mobile, BlackBerry/BB10, webOS, Windows Phone, Firefox, Ubuntu Touch, to Android, iOS, and KaiOS operating systems, founder of MobilityArena, Mister Mobility, has owned a few hundred smartphones and tablets, and counting.