Mara Z Quick Specs: Android 8 Oreo smartphone features a 5.7-inch display, Qualcomm MSM8940 Snapdragon 435 chipset, 13 MP selfie camera, 13 MP rear camera, 3 GB RAM, 32 GB internal memory, and a 3070 mAh battery.
Mara Z Specs and Features
Wireless Network and Software
- 2G mobile network bands: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G mobile network bands: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G mobile network bands: LTE 1(2100), 3(1800), 5 (850), 7(2600), 8(900) 20(800), 38(2600), 40(2300)
- 5G mobile network bands: No.
- SIM Type:
- Software / OS: Android 8 Oreo. Android One.
Design, Form Factor, Appearance
- Dimensions: 154.2 x 72.7 x 7.96 mm
- Weight: 152 g
- Display: 5.7 inches, 720 x 1440 pixels, 18:9 aspect ratio, IPS LCD with Corning® Gorilla® Glass and Oleophobic Coating.
- Colours: Black. Gold. Grey.
- Physical Build: Plastic.
Internal Hardware Specs
- Processor Type: 64-bit, 1.4 GHz Octa-core, Cortex-A53
- Processor Name: Qualcomm MSM8940 Snapdragon 435
- Graphics Processor:
- RAM: 3 GB
- Internal Storage: 32 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot)
Photography, Video Recording
- Rear Camera: 13 MP single camera, f2.0 Aperture, auto focus, Portrait Mode (Bokeh effect) , LED flash, 1080p@30fps video recording, Dual Recording.
- Front-facing Camera: 13 MP, f2.2 Aperture, fixed focus, 1080p@30fps video capture.
Audio, Video Playback
- Music Support: PCM, AAC / AAC + / eAAC + / MP3 / AMR – NB / WB / APE
- Audio: 3.5 mm audio jack
- Loudspeaker: Mono speakers. Dolby Audio 5.1.
- Video Support: H.264/MP4/MPEG4 player
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Digital Compass: No.
- Accelerometer: Yes.
- Proximity Sensor: Yes.
- Ambient Light Sensor: Yes.
- Barometer: No.
- Pedometer: No.
- Heart Rate Monitor: No.
- Gyroscope (G-Sensor): Yes.
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes; rear-mounted
- Face Unlock: Yes.
- Iris Scanner: No.
- Voice Control: Yes.
- Intelligent Digital Assistant:
- Infra-red Senor: No.
- Bluetooth: v4.2, A2DP
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, hotspot
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- USB: microUSB v2.0; USB-OTG
- NFC: No.
Miscellaneous Specs and Features
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-removable Lithium-Polymer 3070 mAh
- Battery Charging: Mara Turbo Charge (0 to 50% in 30 minutes).
- Reverse Charging: No.
- Announced: February 2019
- Market Availability: February 2019
Mara Z Price and Availability
- Country Availability: Online.
- Price: $219.00 or N77,000 in Nigeria (based on the current exchange rate)
The Mara Z smartphone is available to buyers from countries around the world on the Mara Phones website.
MobilityArena Buyer’s Guide Verdict
Looking at the specs and features of the Mara Z phone, it is difficult to justify its $219 price tag. Quite a number of mid-range Android smartphone with 3 GB of RAM and 32 GB internal storage cost much less.
You will be able to pick up a TECNO, Infinix or Xiaomi smartphone in the same class for $150 to $165 (about N58,000).
The Mara Z will be a tough sell in a market choked full of competing products that cost much less.
Mara Z Review Rating
We are yet to review the Mara Z and so do not have a review rating for it yet. This section will be updated with our review rating and a link to the review page, as soon as we have a review ready.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page about the Mara Z phone are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.
Our Buyer’s Guide Verdict is recommendation that we make based on our evaluation the specs of the device. It is a general guide designed to help you understand how much value a smartphone offers for its price. It is not a stamp of quality assessment or an endorsement of the device or of the manufacturers. Be sure to ask questions and use your judgement when buying any device, as MobilityArena may not be held responsible for your buying decisions.
Follow MobilityArena on social media!