Samsung Galaxy A20 Quick Specs: Android 9 Pie smartphone features a 6.4-inch Infinity-V display, EXYNOS 7884 chipset, 8 MP selfie camera, 13 MP + 5 MP rear dual camera, 3 GB RAM, 32 GB internal memory, and a 4000 mAh battery with fast charging.
The Galaxy A20 has turned out to be a very popular Samsung smartphone, selling well in many markets and even inspiring an incremental upgrade model, Samsung Galaxy A20s – we have details available towards the end of this page). This page provides specs, information, features, price, availability, for both the Galaxy A20s and its newer sibling, Samsung Galaxy A20s.
Samsung Galaxy A20 Specs and Features
Wireless Network and Software
- 2G mobile network bands: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G mobile network bands: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G mobile network bands: LTE 1(2100) / 2(1900) / 3(1800) / 5(850) / 7(2600) / 8(900) / 20(800) / 38(2600) / 40(2300) / 41(2500)
- 5G mobile network bands: No.
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, Single and Dual SIM options.
- Software / OS: Android 9 Pie + Samsung One UI
Design, Form Factor, Appearance
- Dimensions: 158.4 x 74.7 x 7.8 mm
- Weight: 169 g
- Display: 6.4 inches, 720 x 1560 pixels, 19:9 aspect ratio, Super AMOLED screen, Infinity -V Display
- Colours: Black. Blue. Red.
- Physical Build: Glossy Plastic.
Internal Hardware Specs
- Processor Type: 64-bit, 1.6 GHz Octa-core.
- Processor Name: EXYNOS 7884.
- Graphics Processor: Mali-G71 MP2.
- RAM: 3 GB
- Internal Storage: 32 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 512 GB (dedicated slot)
Photography, Video Recording
- Rear Camera: 13 MP + 5 MP (wide-angle) dual camera, F1.9 /F2.2 apaerture, LED flash, 1080p@30fps video recording
- Front-facing Camera: 8 megapixels, f2.0 Aperture, fixed focus, AI Face Recognition, 1080p@30fps video capture
Audio, Video Playback
- Music Support: PCM, AAC / AAC + / eAAC + / MP3 / AMR – NB / WB / APE
- Audio: 3.5 mm audio jack
- Loudspeaker: Mono speakers
- Video Support: H.264/MP4/MPEG4 player
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Digital Compass: No.
- Accelerometer: Yes.
- Proximity Sensor: Yes.
- Ambient Light Sensor: No.
- Barometer: No.
- Pedometer: No.
- Heart Rate Monitor: No.
- Gyroscope (G-Sensor): No.
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes; rear-mounted.
- Face Unlock: Yes.
- Iris Scanner: No.
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: No.
- Voice Control: No.
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes.
- Infra-red Sensor: No.
- Bluetooth: v5.0, A2DP
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- USB: microUSB v2.0. USB Type-C.
- NFC: No.
Miscellaneous Specs and Features
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-Removable Lithium-Polymer 4000 mAh
- Battery Charging: 15W Quick Charging
- Wireless Charging: No.
- Reverse Charging: No.
- Announced: March 2019
- Market Availability: April 2019
Samsung Galaxy A20 Price and Availability
- Country Availability: Global.
- Price: $180 unlocked on Verizon in the USA. In Nigeria, it sells for ₦55,000. The price in India is ₹12,490. The Galaxy A20 sells for 15,990Tk in Bangladesh.
Questions about Samsung Galaxy A20
Does Samsung Galaxy A20 have Face Unlock?
In addition to having a fingerprint scanner at the back, Samsung A20 has Face Unlock, giving you the option of choosing to unlock the phone with your face.
Does Samsung A20 have fingerprint reader?
Yes; Samsung Galaxy A20 has a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner.
Does Samsung Galaxy A20 have front flash?
The Galaxy A20 has an 8MP front camera for taking selfies. The selfie camera does not have LED flash.
What is the price of Samsung A20?
The Samsung Galaxy A20 is an affordable mid-range smartphone with decent features and specs. It costs $180 unlocked on Verizon in the United States. In Nigeria, it sells for ₦55,000, while in India, the price is ₹12,490. In Bangladesh, it sells for 15,990Tk.
Does Samsung Galaxy A20 have Gorilla Glass?
The Super AMOLED display of the Samsung Galaxy A20 does not have Gorilla Glass protection.
Does Samsung Galaxy A20 have Wireless Charging?
No; Samsung A20 does not have wireless charging or reverse charging.
Is Samsung Galaxy A20 compatible with US carriers like Verizon, Boost Mobile, etc?
A version of the Galaxy A20 has limited compatibility with US carriers like Boost Mobile, Sprint, T-mobile, Verizon, Cricket Wireless.
MobilityArena Buyer’s Guide Verdict
The Galaxy A20 is a droid that stands its ground in its class. It offers a solid build, adequate RAM for a smooth user exparience, a fingerprint reader, a big battery, and fast charging.
It is reasonably priced too and so is good value for money. If you are considering buying one, we see no reason why you should not.
- Samsung Galaxy A20 vs Infinix S4 3/32GB
- Samsung Galaxy A20 vs Redmi Note 7
- Huawei Y7 Prime 2019 vs Samsung Galaxy A20
- UMIDIGI A5 Pro vs Samsung Galaxy A20
- Samsung Galaxy A20 vs Samsung Galaxy A20s
If the Galaxy A20 is above your budget, have a look at the Galaxy A10, which costs a little less. Our Samsung Galaxy A10 hands-on will interest you.
Our Buyer’s Guide Verdict is recommendation that we make based on our evaluation the specs of the device. It is a general guide designed to help you understand how much value a smartphone offers for its price. It is not a stamp of quality assessment or an endorsement of the device or of the manufacturers. Be sure to ask questions and use your judgement when buying any device, as MobilityArena may not be held responsible for your buying decisions.
Samsung A20 Review Rating
Having had a hands-on with the Galaxy A20, we have given it a 4/5 review rating. Do check out our Samsung Galaxy A20 2019 unboxing article.
Samsung Galaxy A20s
An upgraded version of the A20 has been released by Samsung and it is known as the Samsung Galaxy A20s.
Unlike the A20, Samsung Galaxy A20s is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 processor, and has a 6.49-inch Infinity V-display with a waterdrop notch. It comes in two variants, the first with 3GB of RAM and 32GB storage, while the second has 4GB of RAM and 64GB storage. There is microSD card support of up to 512GB capacity.
The Galaxy A20s has an upgraded rear camera, this time with a triple camera setup comprising a 13MP main sensor, 5MP depth sensor, and 8MP wide-angle sensor. Battery capacity is the same as the A20’s – 4000mAh. Dimensions are 163.3 x 77.5 x 8.0 mm. It is available from September 21 in Malaysia for MYR699 or $167. The phone has also been introduced in a number of other countries, including Nigeria, South Africa, and Kenya.
Samsung Galaxy A20s Specifications
- Display: 6.5″ Infinity-V screen
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 450
- RAM: 3GB / 4GB
- Storage: 32GB / 64GB
- Expandable Memory: microSD up to 512GB
- Triple Rear Camera: 13MP main sensor + 5MP depth sensor + 8MP wide angle sensor
- Selfie Camera: 8 MP
- Battery Type: 4000 mAh
- Battery Charging: 15W Quick Charging
- Model Numbers: SM-A207FN/DS (Global), SM-A207 (US), SM-A207M/DS (LATAM, Brazil), SM-A2070 (HK, China), SM-A207FZ (India).
When did Samsung A20s come out?
Samsung Galaxy A20s smartphone was launched in September 2019.
Will Samsung Galaxy A20s work in USA?
Samsung Galaxy A20s has some network support across various US carriers like AT&T, Verizon, Metro PCS, Sprint, T-Mobile, Virgin Mobile, Boost Mobile, H2O Wireless, Ting, US Cellular, and Google Project Fi. What this means that some bands are supported, while others are not. You will have to make enquiries from your carrier to know what bands/frequencies are supported on them.
How much is Samsung Galaxy A20s?
The Galaxy A20s is available for purchase on Amazon, as well as on US carriers like Verizon, Cricket Wireless, T-Mobile for around $180. It is also available in major phone stores across Nigeria for ₦55,500.
Samsung A20 Alternatives
If you are interested in alternatives to the Samsung A20, here is a list of Samsung A20 alternatives you can pick from.
Samsung A20 / A20s News & Updates
April 2020: Samsung rolled out the Android 10 update with One UI 2.0 for the Galaxy A20
May 2020: Samsung rooled out the Android 10 update with One UI 2.0 for the Galaxy A20s. The update is 1.3 GB in size and includes Android 10, One UI 2.0, as well as the March 2020 Android security patch.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page about the Samsung Galaxy A20 and A20s are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.
- Don’t miss our reviews.
- Join our WhatsApp Group, to be notified of the most important articles and deals,
- Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.