The Nokia G60 5G is the twin brother to the Nokia X30 5G, but while the latter costs a small fortune, you can buy the G60 5G for about 60% of the price. At heart, they are quite similar. For one, they are both powered by a Snapdragon 695 5G chipset, which is the biggest deal. Everything else is different, but not so different to make the Nokia G60 5G feel terrible.
So, if you have had your eyes on the X30 5G but find the price quite above your budget, the G60 is exactly what the doctor ordered. You get the performance of the Snapdragon 695 5G processor, a bigger battery (and hopefully, longer battery life), a higher refresh rate, but lower RAM, slower charging, lower specified cameras, and a lower ingress rating. Design-wise, they are also similar, except for the ugly notch on the G60.
What makes the Nokia G60 5G interesting?
In place of the X30’s AMOLED screen, the Nokia G60 5G has an IPS LCD panel of 1080×2400 pixel resolution, but with a 120Hz refresh rate, which is higher that what obtains on the X30. I see what HMD Global did there. That display is larger as well, clocking at 6.58 inches. It has Gorilla Glass 5 protection. The not-so-pleasant part of the Nokia G60’s display is the outdated waterdrop notch. It so belongs in the past, for a phone in this class. Distasteful, in my books.
Like the X30, Nokia G60 5G has some ingress protection too. Instead of an IP67 rating, what it has is an IP52 rating, which protects the phone from splashes. Don’t drop this one in water, for any reason. I am a bit disappointed that for fast charging, what the G60 has is only 20W. It isn’t as fast as 33W charging in its sibling, but it isn’t so bad: it will take the battery from zero to 50% battery strength in 30 minutes. Not so bad. For a 40% price difference, that is a fair trade-off.
If you love eco-friendly products, the Nokia G60 5G has a 100% recycled aluminium frame and a 65% recycled plastic back cover. And it looks and feels great, too. This is not one of those drab, eco-friendly items that you put up with in the interest of the environment.
Unlike the X30 5G, the G60 does not have an infra-red blaster. Oh, bummer. It really would have been nice if HMD Global included this feature. Next, the fingerprint scanner is embedded in the Power button on the side of the phone. It has a 50-megapixel triple camera at the back, an 8 MP selfie camera in front, and the promise of 3 years of security updates, 3 years of Android updates, and 3 years warranty. That means this beauty will get Android 15.
I like the Nokia G60 5G – not as much as I do the Nokia X30 5G – but it is a good offer for the price. I think that both phones will do well in the market, though I suspect that the G60 5G will sell far more than its more expensive sibling.
Nokia G60 5G Specifications
Mobile Wireless Network and Software
- 2G mobile network bands: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G mobile network bands: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G mobile network bands: LTE 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 20, 28, 32, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G mobile network bands: SA/NSA/Sub6 1, 3, 5, 7, 28, 38, 40, 41, 77, 78 .
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, Dual SIM
- Software / OS: Stock Android 12 (upgradeable all the way to Android 15)
Design, Form Factor, Appearance
- Dimensions: 165.99 x 75.93 x 8.61 mm
- Weight: 190g
- Display: 6.58 inches, 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 aspect ratio, 400-500 nits brightness, 120Hz refresh rate, IPS LCD, Gorilla Glass 5.
- Colours: Pure Black. Ice White.
- Physical Build: 100% recycled aluminium frame and a 60% recycled plastic back cover. IP52 splash protection.
Internal Hardware Specs
- Processor Type: 64-bit Octa-core 2.2 GHz Kryo 660 Gold
- Processor Name: Qualcomm Snapdragon 695 5G (6 nm)
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 619
- RAM: 4 GB / 6 GB
- Internal Storage: 64 GB / 128 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 512 GB (hybrid slot)
Photography, Video Recording
- Main Camera: 50 MP main lens + 5 MP ultra-wide lens + 2 MP depth sensor, LED flash, 1080p@30fps video recording, OZO audio.
- Front Camera: 8 MP fixed focus, Face Recognition, 1080p@30fps video capture
Audio, Video Playback
- Music Support: PCM, AAC / AAC + / eAAC + / MP3 / AMR – NB / WB / APE
- Audio: 3.5 mm audio jack
- Loudspeaker: Mono speaker
- Video Support: H.264/MP4/MPEG4 player
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Digital Compass: Yes.
- Accelerometer: Yes.
- Proximity Sensor: Yes.
- Ambient Light Sensor: Yes.
- Barometer: No.
- Pedometer: No.
- Heart Rate Monitor: No.
- Gyroscope (G-Sensor): Yes; side-mounted.
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes.
- Face Unlock: Yes.
- Iris Scanner: No.
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: No.
- Voice Control: No.
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes; Google Assistant.
- Infra-red Sensor: Yes.
- Bluetooth: v5.1, A2DP, LE, aptX HD, aptX Adaptive
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, hotspot
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- USB: microUSB v2.0. Type-C USB 2.0
- NFC: Yes.
Miscellaneous Specs and Features
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-Removable Lithium-Polymer 4500 mAh
- Battery Charging: 20W fast charging. USB Power Delivery 3.0, Quick Charge 2.0
- Wireless Charging: N/A.
- Reverse Charging: No.
- Model Version/Number:
Nokia G60 5G Price and Launch Date
- Announced: September 1, 2022
- Release Date: September 1, 2022
- United States of America: from $389
- United Kingdom (UK): from £249.
- European Union: from €326
- India: from ₹25,500.
- South Africa:
- Nigeria: ₦186,500.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page about the Nokia G60 5G are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.
Founder of MobilityArena. Yomi’s journey in mobile started in 2001. Besides obsessing over mobile phones, he also started creating WAP sites (early mobile-friendly websites created with WML). He began writing about phones in 2004 and has been at it since then. He has owned over 200 devices, from Symbian, Palm, PocketPC/Windows Mobile, BlackBerry/BB10, webOS, Windows Phone, Firefox, Ubuntu Touch, to Android, iOS, and KaiOS operating systems.