Like it does after every new Apple release, the second-hand market is overflowing with older iPhone models now that the iPhone 14 has gotten into the gadget market. Typically, you shouldn’t have to stress when you buy a second-hand model iPhone because everything should already be in place for the new owner.
In a few otherwise cases, however, you may need to find a means to use your phone if you purchase one of these second-hand iPhones and discover that it is locked by iCloud Activation. Fortunately, there are approaches to removing the activation lock without assistance from the previous owner.
In this guide, we’ll teach you how to get rid of the activation lock on iPhone devices, so pay attention to find out how to take advantage of this information.
How Do I Remove Activation Lock Without Help From My iPhone’s Previous Owner?
This may not be the easiest of tasks to accomplish, but thankfully, it is indeed possible. The methods we’ve described below should help you remove the iCloud Activation Lock on your device so that you may begin using your phone without restrictions.
Use DNS Bypass
You’ll be able to quickly gain access to your new phone using this technique. What you must do is as follows:
- After turning your iPhone on, select the language and location from the menu.
- To access the Wi-Fi settings screen, tap the Proceed button. Click on the “I” which is located in a circle next to the Wi-Fi tab.
- To get around the iCloud activation lock, enter the IP address of a DNS server. Depending on where you are, you’ll need to select one: Europe: 220.127.116.11 USA: 18.104.22.168 Australia and Oceania: 22.214.171.124 Asia: 126.96.36.199 South America: 188.8.131.52 Areas outside: 184.108.40.206
- Next, turn on Wi-Fi and select your network after returning to the previous screen. Type in your passphrase.
- Don’t select the Next page link. To get back to the iCloud Bypass screen, press Back instead.
- Set up your iPhone’s apps and other necessities by scrolling all the way down to the Menu.
Keep in mind that only iOS 8 through 10-compatible devices can use this technique. Additionally, not everyone in the world is able to employ this technique. As an alternative, you can utilize AnyUnlock for a simpler experience. We’ve described the process in the next section of this guide.
Use AnyLock ( iPhone Password Unlocker)
This approach is far more user-friendly than the one described above. Less tech-savvy customers might experience difficulties with the first approach, but AnyUnlock shouldn’t cause any problems. You also won’t have to struggle to figure out how to activate your new phone because this iCloud Activation lock bypass program has a high success rate that is guaranteed.
To remove the activation lock on your iPhone via this method, follow these steps:
- Download AnyUnlock for Windows or Mac. Install the tool, then explore all of the possibilities.
- Then, you must plug in and link your iPhone to your computer.
- From the grid, select Bypass iCloud Activation Lock.
- To start the unlocking procedure, click Start Now.
- At this point, you’re all done. Any traces of the former owner should be completely gone from your device.
The entire process seems to be completed rather quickly, making it much simpler than any other DIY method you might employ. Additionally, it moves along much more quickly than calling Apple support or getting in touch with the phone’s seller again, among other options
It’s necessary to point out that AnyUnlock is a full-featured iOS unlocking solution that solves a wide range of problems. For instance, it can bypass mobile device management, the screen passcode, and Apple ID. Additionally, the tool can unlock the device without needing a screen time passcode, and it can also remove SIM lock and iTunes backup encryption.
In summary, there’s no need to go through much stress when you find yourself needing to remove the activation lock after purchasing a second-hand iPhone device. You can try any one of the described methods in this guide to get it done easily. As you may have noticed, we would recommend the second method, but choose whichever one works better for you.
We’d also encourage you to share or recommend this guide to help other iPhone users benefit from its helpful instructions.