Samsung Galaxy S22 is one of the few compact premium flagship smartphones in the market. While it has a 6.1-inch screen, which makes it handy, on the inside, it is a full premium flagship product with a top-of-the-line processor and features.
|Samsung Galaxy S22 specs in brief|
Samsung Galaxy S22 specs & features
Mobile Wireless Network and Software
- 2G mobile network bands: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G mobile network bands: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G mobile network bands: LTE.
- 5G mobile network bands: NSA/SA
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, Dual SIM
- Software / OS: OneUI 4, based on Android 12
Design, Form Factor, Appearance
- Dimensions: 146.0×70.6×7.6 mm
- Weight: 167g
- Display: 6.1 inches (15.49 centimetres), 1080 x 2340 pixels, 120 Hz refresh rate, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, Dynamic AMOLED 2X screen, Gorilla Glass Victus protection.
- Colours: Phantom white.
- Physical Build: IP68 dust/water resistant (up to 1.5m for 30 mins)
Internal Hardware Specifications
- Processor Type: 64-bit, 2.3 GHz Octa-core
- Processor Name: Exynos 2200 (4nm) – Europe, Middle East, Africa. Qualcomm SM8450 Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 (4 nm) – USA/China
- Graphics Processor: Xclipse 920 – International. Adreno 730 – USA/China
- RAM: 8 GB
- Internal Storage: 128 GB / 256 GB
- Expandable Storage: No.
Camera Specs: Photography, Video Recording
- Main Camera: 50 MP main sensor + 12MP ultrawide angle lens + 10MP telephoto lens, autofocus, dual LED flash, 8k video, 4k video, 1080p@30fps video recording
- Front Camera: 10MP, f/2.2, 1/3.24″, 1.22 µm, 25mm, fixed focus, Face Recognition, 1080p@30fps video capture
Audio, Video Playback
- Music Support: PCM, AAC / AAC + / eAAC + / MP3 / AMR – NB / WB / APE
- Loudspeaker: Mono speaker
- Video Support: H.264/MP4/MPEG4 player
- FM Radio:
- Digital Compass: Yes.
- Accelerometer: Yes.
- Proximity Sensor: Yes.
- Ambient Light Sensor: Yes.
- Barometer: No.
- Pedometer: No.
- Heart Rate Monitor: No.
- Gyroscope (G-Sensor): Yes.
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes; in-display.
- Face Unlock: Yes.
- Iris Scanner: No.
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: No.
- Voice Control: No.
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes; Google Assistant.
- Infra-red Sensor: No.
- Bluetooth Version: 5.2
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, hotspot
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, Galileo
- USB: microUSB v2.0. Type-C. USB-OTG.
- NFC: Yes.
Miscellaneous Specs and Features
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-Removable Lithium-Polymer 3700 mAh
- Battery Charging: 25W fast charging
- Wireless Charging: No.
- Reverse Charging: No.
- Model Version/Number:
Launch/Release Dates and Information
- Announcement: February 9, 2022
- Release Date: February 25, 2022
Samsung S22 Cost: Pricing by Country
- United States of America (USA): $799.99 (128GB unlocked). $849.99 (256GB).
- United Kingdom (UK): £769 (128Gb). £819 (256GB)
- European Union (EU): €849 (8/128GB). €899 (8/256GB)
- Nigeria: ₦469,000 (8/128 GB). ₦499,000 (8/256 GB)
- Egypt: Egyptian Pound
- UAE: AED 3,199.00 (8/128GB). AED 3,499 (8/256GB)
- India: ₹72,999 (8GB+128GB). ₹76,999 (8GB+256GB).
- Iraq: Iraqi Dinar
- Kenya: Ksh.
The above prices may change with time from country to country, as market forces and economic policies influence product price movements.
How big is the S22?
It is a compact smartphone, having a decent 6.1-inch screen, and measuring 146 x 70.6 x 7.6 mm in dimensions.
What colours does S22 come in?
Samsung S22 is available in Phantom White, Phantom Black, Pink Gold, Green, Graphite, Cream, Sky Blue, and Violet.
Does the S22 have a headphone jack?
No; it does not have a 3.5mm headphone jack
Does the S22 have a SD card slot?
Samsung S22 does not have an SD card slot.
Is the Galaxy S22 waterproof?
Yes; Samsung S22 is waterproof and dust proof, with an IP68 rating.
Does Samsung Galaxy S22 have Google Play Store?
It supports Google Services and software applications, including Play Store and Maps, Gmail, YouTube, and others.
Will Samsung Galaxy S22 work in the USA?
This is a GSM phone and is supported on US GSM carriers like AT&T and T-Mobile and other networks riding on their networks. It does not support CDMA networks. Do make enquiries from your carrier to know what bands/frequencies are supported on their service.
MobilityArena Buyer’s Guide Verdict
Our Buyer’s Guide Verdict is a recommendation based on the specs of the device and a general guide to help you understand how much value a device offers for its price. It is not an endorsement of the device. Ask questions and use your judgement when buying any device; MobilityArena takes no responsibility for your buying decisions.
Samsung Galaxy S22 Phone Review Rating
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please leave a comment below.