Bring a major economy in Europe for decades, the UK smartphone market has always been a vibrant one. Here is an up-to-date list of the top mobile phone brands in the UK, based on market share. We also have a few key facts and useful information about phones in the United Kingdom for you.
What phone brand is most popular in the UK? What is the most popular smartphone in the UK?
Apple’s iPhone is the most popular smartphone brand in the United Kingdom. With a market share of almost 50%, the iPhone reigns supreme in the Queen’s country.
Are there any UK mobile phone companies or brands?
Yes; there are a few UK phone brands. They include: Wiley Fox and Nothing Technology Ltd.
Do UK phones work in USA?
Any unlocked GSM phone from the UK should work with GSM carriers in the United States. They might not work with CDMA carriers like AT&T, Verizon, and virtual carriers who ride on their infrastructure.
Will a UK phone work in Canada? Can you use a UK iPhone in Canada?
A UK phone should work on GSM Canadian carriers, if it is unlocked.
Does OnePlus work in UK?
OnePlus smartphones work in the United Kingdom.
Are OnePlus phones sold in the UK?
OnePlus sells several models in the United Kingdom.
List of the Top 5 Mobile Phone Brands in the UK
As at Q1, 2022, these are the top 5 mobile phone brands in the UK.
- Apple iPhone: Apple being tops is no surprise; the UK has been one of the company’s key markets since the first Apple iPhone was released. Apple recorded a market share of 48.4% in Q1 2022, a drop from 52%, year-on-year.
- Samsung: In second place is Samsung, the champion of Android phone makers, grabbing 31.9% of the UK smartphone market.
- Nokia: Nokia makes a surprise entry in 3rd place, with 4.3%. That’s a massive gap between the 2nd and 3rd spot there.
- OPPO: In 4th place is OPPO, with 4.2%, and pretty much nibbling at Nokia’s ankles.
- Google Pixel: And we have another surprise entry from Google Pixels. Pixels have never sold in great numbers in any country. They managed to grab a 3.3% share of the UK pie for themselves.
The UK smartphone market is clearly a duopoly – it is firmly in the grips of Apple and Samsung. Everyone else is struggling to get a meal. No wonder a snapshot of fans at the typical music concert in the United Kingdom looks like this:
The top 5 mobile phone brands in the UK account for 92% of the market. The other brands, including OnePlus, Huawei, Xiaomi, Motorola, Sony, Alcatel, Wiley Fox, Nothing (which has only just made an entry) are all sharing the remains measly 8% among one another.
The data used for this ranking of the top mobile phone brands in the UK is sourced and compiled from IDC’s market share report for Q1 2022.