The world of smartphones can get very confusing for the non-technical person. Actually, I am aware that it is also complicated for quite a number of technically-minded people too. As a layman, you probably do not care about the technical jargons. But you do want to understand what you’re buying better. Displays are a huge part of the smartphone experience. Right now, it is a battle between AMOLED and IPS LCD displays. Which do you go for? I break it down for you below in simple language.
Here are the characteristics of AMOLED displays:
- Deep blacks
- Vibrant colors
- AMOLED displays conserve battery life
- Better viewing angles
- Thinner displays
- AMOLED displays degrade over time, resulting in reduced colour saturation
IPS LCD Displays
Here are the things to note about IPS LCD (In-Plane Switching Liquid Crystal Display) displays:
- Bright whites
- Better daylight readability
- Sharper text and images
- IPS LCD displays are more power hungry
- They also tend to be bulkier
AMOLED and IPS LCD Displays: Which is better?
There you go. Hopefully, you have a better understanding of what each type of display delivers. Which is better? That is a very subjective matter. It is a question of what you prefer.
- what is the defarence between ips lcd and amoled display