There are numerous forms of online communication these days. Between emails, video chats, and social media messaging, there are several ways to communicate. Sometimes, it’s hard to pick one.
We love how many ways there are to communicate, but sometimes the easiest way is the best way.
Text messaging is considered an older form of communication nowadays, but it’s still the most convenient, simple, and stress-free way to communicate with your friends, family, clubs, or communities. Need some convincing? Here are a few reasons why text messaging is still your most valuable player.
Text Messaging is Easier than Other Forms of Communication
Remember those days (or hearing about the days) before text messaging came around? Once it swooped in, communication took on a whole new level.
Besides calling someone on the phone, texting became the first “at your fingertips” method of talking to people who weren’t close by.
Now, it is still the simplest form of digital communication. Texting someone is faster than calling them, and you can come back to a conversation when you need to, or leave it when you need to.
Calling uses up battery life faster and costs more, whereas texting takes just seconds, won’t eat your battery, and is more convenient to respond to. Emailing is considered a more formal way of communication, but with a text message, you can say what needs to be said and be on your way.
Text Messaging has Adapted
Just like all electronic communication, text messaging has adapted. We all know that one of the most annoying things is a group text message that keeps going off every five seconds. You know that one person who sends every sentence in a separate message? We all know one. Ding ding ding!
Thankfully, there are text message programs and apps that allow large groups to receive text messages from organizations or companies so that they are up-to-date on everything they need to know. These programs have become vastly popular and offer the same basic features of text messaging with modern twists that make them user-friendly.
- Many of these programs or apps offer options for “no replies” or private conversations so that if anyone has a question, not everyone in the group will be notified.
- If you’re speaking with a group of people, it can be difficult to remember what all was said or planned. If you use a text message, then the information is always there for you, and everyone else, to look back on.
- Messaging over social media is a lot like texting, but this method causes distractions. If you run a platform where getting information to your followers is important so that they can have updates on promos or services, you can’t ensure that the people who really need the information will see it through social media unless they know to look for it. Text messaging allows you to send the word out to whomever you want, and everyone is more likely to see it.
Text messaging programs are versatile. There is an app or software out there for you and your group no matter what it is. There are text messaging programs for schools, organizations, and businesses. Text messaging for churches or clubs is a popular way to get the word out about news or events coming up.
Text Messages Have the Fastest Response Time
We all know that “I’ll call you back” doesn’t always mean that it’ll be anytime soon. And how about emails? Does anyone really check all their emails and respond right away?
Between phone calls and emails, texting has the highest success rate for response time. Most people take a while to call back or make a phone call, especially if they aren’t somewhere they can talk on the phone comfortably. Many people also do not fancy dealing with emails They forget to respond, and if they need to look back at a specific email, it takes a while to find the right one.
Make no mistake, texting is the quickest, easiest way to communicate digitally!
Even though it’s been around for a while now, some things never really go out of style. Out of all the forms of online and digital communication out there, texting has proven to be the fastest and simplest. With all the new apps and software available today, a text message is sure to be your #1 player for a while to come!
- Don’t miss our mobile phone reviews.
- Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
Super Deals: MobilityArena may earn some commission when you purchase through the links below.
- Create any type of website in minutes, even if you have no coding skills? Build your website now.
- Own a unique smartphone that meets your specific needs. Buy now.
Articles sent in by our content partners may be paid or sponsored content. MobilityArena has vetted the links at the time of publication; however, the articles should not be considered a blanket endorsement for the products or services highlighted herein.