There’s nothing like enjoying movies or music with great sound quality. Personally, it makes the experience more satisfying, so if sound quality is low, I get extra disappointed. Sadly, audio tends to be low-quality and muffled even on high-end Android devices. So, if you’re looking for a way to boost your Android’s sound quality, you’re not alone.
In this post, I’ll show you how to boost your Android’s sound quality and improve your multimedia experience. With the tips I’ve included in this guide, you’ll be able to enjoy a more satisfying experience with your favorite movies or music.
Table of Contents
How Can You Boost Your Android’s Sound Quality?
The sound quality of your Android phone is important whether you are listening to music or making calls. If you’re unsatisfied with the current quality, here are some tips to boost your Android’s sound quality. For Samsung users, you can find useful tips to boost sound quality in this guide.
Deactivate Absolute Volume for Bluetooth Devices
Check the Developer Settings menu to see whether the Absolute Volume option is disabled if you somehow can’t hear audio clearly on your Android smartphone.
Absolute Volume connects the volume levels of your Bluetooth devices and phone. Despite its usefulness, certain Bluetooth devices do not support it. This makes the sound overly loud or it could also prevent you from controlling sound effectively. I’d therefore advise you to turn the Absolute Volume setting off to boost your Android’s sound quality. Here’s how you do it:
- Navigate to Settings > About phone or Settings > About phone > Software information on your smartphone.
- To access the Developer settings menu, tap the Build number seven times.
- Scroll down in Developer Options and turn on the slider for Disable absolute volume.
Download Music in High-Quality Formats
There’s also the place of making sure to always download or stream high-quality audio files if you feel the need to boost your Android’s sound quality. Ideally, the higher the bit rate, the better your audio will sound.
Most people use MP3s because they are easy to find and widely supported, but they do not always provide the best sound quality. So, when you download music files, always use a higher quality audio format. A good example is FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec) which typically provides a better listening experience.
Adjust the Equalizer Settings
The sound levels of various frequency ranges can be adjusted using equalizer settings. This feature offers a great way to establish tonal balance and achieve your preferred sound quality. So, to boost your Android’s sound quality, the equalizer settings are another feature you can take advantage of.
For example, if you’re listening to music in a noisy area, you should increase mid-range frequencies. Below are the steps to change these settings:
- Go to Settings > Sound & Vibration > Sound Quality and Effects > Equalizer on your device.
- Select a preset from the options present here (you should see Rock, Pop, Jazz, or other).
- Using the slider, adjust the volume until you find a comfortable level
- Return to the main menu once you’re done with the adjustments. You may also enable the Dolby Atmos slider button for enhanced sound effects and select from the various settings.
Change the Music Settings on Streaming Apps
Most music lovers use streaming apps like Spotify, and these apps have a few settings you can tweak to boost your Android’s sound quality when listening to music.
Spotify, for example, lets you control how much compression is applied to your music when it’s streamed over Wi-Fi or cellular data networks. By minimizing distortion caused by compression artifacts during playback, less compression can significantly enhance audio quality.
Here are the Spotify adjustments I recommend that you tweak:
- Open Spotify on your device and go to Settings.
- To begin, scroll down and toggle the Normalize volume slider button, which will help make sure that all your tracks play at a uniform volume
- Depending on your preferences, select Normal, Loud, or Quiet under Volume Levels
- Next, find the Audio Quality area and adjust the audio quality for both Wi-Fi streaming and Cellular streaming. For the best quality, set it to Very high.
Don’t forget that higher-quality audio consumes more data, so avoid setting it too high if you are on a limited mobile data plan. Most streaming apps have similar sound quality settings, with Tidal providing the best overall.
Clean Your Bluetooth Speakers or Earphones
To boost your Android’s sound quality, don’t overlook your speakers and earphones. Make sure they work correctly, and clean them if necessary. To get rid of any dust or dirt, wipe them with a soft, dry cloth.
Keep your accessories away from extremely hot or cold conditions, since this can damage the internal components. Examine the wires to see whether they are shorted or tangled, in which case you would need to fix them, and replace worn-out or improperly-fitting old earphones.
By following these simple procedures, you can ensure that your Bluetooth speakers or headphones provide the best possible music quality while also helping your accessories serve you for longer.
Try Google’s Sound Amplifier App
The Google Sound Amplifier app improves the sound quality of a device’s existing audio output settings. It improves and filters the volume and frequencies of audio files, which is very useful for people who have hearing problems.
As such, it can be useful to boost your Android’s quality. To use it:
- Choose the sort of audio you wish to modify, such as audio from your phone’s microphone or from media files.
- Ensure that your wired or wireless headphones are connected, then toggle the Noise reduction and Boost sliders.
- Adjust the sliders to enhance quiet sounds or those with higher or lower frequencies.
With this app, you can boost your Android’s sound quality to enjoy music, movies, or calls with superior clarity and acoustics.
All in all, the sound and volume output on Android smartphones can vary depending on several factors. However, by following the simple suggestions I’ve provided in this guide, you can boost your Android’s sound quality to get the best sound experience.
- Don’t miss our mobile phone reviews.
- Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
Super Deals: MobilityArena may earn some commission when you purchase through the links below.
- Create any type of website in minutes, even if you have no coding skills? Build your website now.
- Own a unique smartphone that meets your specific needs. Buy now.