The iPhone 8 launched in September of 2017, alongside its close counterpart, the iPhone 8 Plus. Both smartphones generated relatively low fanfare compared to other models of iPhones, but both devices brought impressive specs with great functionality and an all-round effective operation, making the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus popular among iPhone lovers.
However, in spite of their top qualities, a number of users have noticed some rather bothersome glitches with the iPhone 8, prompting the hunt for solutions to these glitches.
In this piece, we will take a close look at some of the common problems with the iPhone 8 and how to fix these issues.
- Battery Swelling issue: One of the very common problems with the iPhone 8, this issue has gotten a lot of buzz from iPhone 8 users, with quite a number complaining that their device batteries tend to swell up, eventually disfiguring the device, as the screen detaches from the back.
While Apple has not issued any fixes for this yet, the company advises you to visit an Apple support center with the affected handset.
- Bluetooth connectivity issue: Another in the list of common problems with the iPhone 8, this issue does seem to rear its ugly head in quite a number of smartphones and the iPhone 8 was not left out. As with most iPhones from the iPhone 7, the iPhone 8 has no headphone jack, making Bluetooth issues more pressing as owners can not listen to music.
If you have ever experienced this issue, you can try out these tips:
- Turn the Bluetooth off, reboot the device and then turn the Bluetooth on again.
- Check out your device and ensure the issue is not with a certain device you want to pair with, if you try pairing with other devices and it works, then the issue may just be with that device. What you need to do now is to forget the said device and try pairing again, to do this follow these steps: go to Settings > Bluetooth > click on the i icon next to the device > forget this device. You can now try pairing this device again.
- Try resetting your device’s network settings.
- Wi-Fi connection problems: A number of quarters have reported that their iPhone 8 devices occasionally refuse to connect to Wi-Fi, effectively cutting them off of the internet if that is their main source of connection. Some other quarters have noticed their devices keep displaying an “incorrect password” error message even when the password is correct.
If you currently battle this issue, these tips below may prove helpful:
- Install the latest iOS update on your device.
- Try to restart your device and the router, then reconnect them.
- You can also forget the network in question. To do this, go to Settings > Wi-Fi > Forget This Network, then confirm. Once this is done, find this network and try connecting afresh.
- As a last resort, you can try resetting network settings. To do this, go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. After this, enter your passcode and confirm.
- Now, you can try connecting to the Wi-Fi network from scratch.
While some of these common problems with the iPhone 8 can be fixed by a straightforward software update, some of the other more complicated issues (like battery swelling) may require a replacement device from an Apple center.
You are reading Mobility Arena, the essential guide for mobile phone users around the world. Be sure to check out our homepage for all the latest news and resources. To be notified of the most important articles and the best smartphone deals, join our WhatsApp Group and follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube. Don’t know where to start? Check out our reviews.