The iPhone X launched in 2017, going on to become the first Apple iPhone to offer an OLED display as well as removing the popular home button. However, like most smartphones the iPhone X occasionally suffers certain glitches and this is what we will take a good look at today.
In this piece, we will look at some of the more common issues with the iPhone X and how to take care of them yourself.
- Slow Performance Speeds: It is not uncommon for smartphones (Apple, Android) to slow down after a while. The issue is, this bug can become rather troublesome, going on to make your device slower and more difficult to operate. If this is your device, you can try out the following steps to take care of this issue:
- You can turn on Peak Performance Capability to optimize power consumption and help your device operate faster. What you need to do is go to Settings > Battery > Battery Health > Peak Performance Capability > Disable.
- If the tip above does not help out, you may need to get a new battery altogether. This can see your device’s performance improve and become faster.
- Device not charging properly: A number of owners of the iPhone X have complained about their smartphones not charging properly, with some stating that the devices took to long to charge or the wireless charging properly. To fix this, you can try:
- Changing the cables of your charger or trying a different charger entirely to see if it works better.
- Removing the case on your iPhone X to ensure it is not interfering with the wireless charging.
- Restarting your device to see if this fixes the problem.
- Contacting a technician or Apple Support.
- GPS Not Functioning Properly: The GPS on the iPhone X has been noted to occasionally drift around or just stop working totally. If this has ever happened to your device, you can try out the following fixes:
- Check Settings > Privacy > Location Services and ensure it is turned on.
- Open up the App Store and check the Update Section to ensure all your apps are up to date.
- Also, check for the latest iOS updates by clicking Settings > General > Software Update.
- Go to Settings > General > Reset, then select Reset Location and Privacy.
- Face ID Not Working Properly: Smartphone users nowadays have a plethora of options to unlock their devices, with some relying on the Face ID sensors to unlock their devices. However, with the iPhone X, there are times where this feature does not work properly, prompting users to find another means to access their smartphone. If this is you, you can try the following tips:
- Do not wear shades or any face accessories.
- Try turning off this feature in Settings > Face ID & Passcode. This means that you will no longer need a Face ID process but your device may become less secure with this move.
- Go to Settings > Face ID & Passcode and click on Reset Face ID. This can help you fix the bug.
- Check your smartphone for the latest software updates. Go to Settings > General > Software Update to check for it.
- Screen Freezes: This bug is rather common with iPhones, making easy processes rather cumbersome on this device. If your smartphone has ever experienced this, you can follow these steps to fix the issue:
- Try a phone restart. Press and release the Volume Up button, then swiftly press and release the Volume Down button. After this, press and hold the Sleep button till you see the Apple logo. Your device’s display should return to normal once the smartphone turns on.
- You can attempt a factory reset, but ensure you back up your data before starting this process.
- If the issue started after physical impact on the display, then you may need to see a technician to fix the problem.
You are reading Mobility Arena, the essential guide for mobile phone users around the world. Be sure to check out our homepage for all the latest news and resources. To be notified of the most important articles and the best smartphone deals, join our WhatsApp Group and follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube. Don’t know where to start? Check out our reviews.