Last Updated on by Admin
The iPhone 12 launched in the last quarter of 2020, going on to become an instant hit with iPhone lovers. It brought the iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Mini, iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max in this launch. In this article, we will take a look at some of the more popular iPhone 12 bugs and how to fix them yourself.
The iPhone 12 series launched in October last year, with four devices in its fold. It brought a slew of new features, while also bringing the iOS 14 to the fore. However, these smartphones still experienced a number of bugs and this is what we will take a closer look at in this article.
- Battery draining quickly: While most users of the iPhone 12 have had good reviews and nothing but good words to say about the battery life, quite a number have seen their iPhone 12’s battery drain rather too soon, making the device a bit difficult to use. This bug may be the result of turning on 5G too often, as 5G tends to drain battery faster than LTE or due to the presence of a malicious app. These tips below can help you deal with a fast-draining battery.
- Restart your iPhone and see if there’s any difference.
- Update the software on your device.
- Turn off 5G when not in use, as this can help you save your battery from unnecessary strain. Go to Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Voice & Data. You can then select the preferred setting from here.
- Check your apps to ensure there’s no app that constantly drains your phone’s power, if there is, delete the app especially when it is not a frequently used app. Go to Settings > Battery > Battery Usage tool, you should be able to investigate any suspicious apps from here and get rid of them if need be.
- Disable Background Refresh on your device. This feature helps you stay updated with all the current information on your apps but can put a significant strain on your phone’s battery. To disable, go to Settings > General > Background App > Refresh, then turn off for applications you do not use often.
- 5G Not Available: The iPhone 12 series offers 5G support, providing data transfer at breakneck speeds. However, if you have noticed your device is missing 5G, then ensure you are on a plan that supports 5G. Also, make sure that your region has 5G service and your phone is connected. You should be able to enjoy 5G services once these factors are in place.
- Bluetooth Connectivity Issues: At a time where many individuals rely on Bluetooth to listen to music, having a Bluetooth connection that falters is not a great look on any device. If you notice this anomaly, which is one of the more popular iPhone 12 bugs, first off, forget the device that is causing this problem in your Bluetooth settings. Go to Settings > Bluetooth > Select connection > Forget this Device, after this, try reconnecting this device. If this does not work, try to reset your Network Settings by following these simple steps, go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This second alternative will make your iPhone forget known Wi-Fi networks, so you may need to keep your passwords handy.
- iPhone 12 Wireless charging issues: One of the common iPhone 12 bugs that has made a number of forums online is the charging conundrum. This time, a number of users have complained that their wireless charging feature does not work like it should. If you are in this category, try resetting your iPhone by pressing and releasing Volume Up, Volume Down and then hold the Power Button till the device shuts off. Turn on your device and see if it works properly now.
Also, if you use your phone case to store credit cards, it’s best to remove them before charging the device wirelessly.
Here are just a few iPhone 12 bugs that users have noticed over the last three months. If you currently face any of the bugs above and you have tried any of the tips, let us know in the comments section below. However, if the bug troubling your iPhone 12 was not listed here, be rest assured we will look into it in another of our articles.
You are reading Mobility Arena, the essential guide for mobile phone users around the world. Be sure to check out our homepage for all the latest news and resources. To be notified of the most important articles and the best smartphone deals, join our WhatsApp Group and follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube. Don’t know where to start? Check out our reviews.