An excellent place to start when you have to free up some storage space on your device is by deleting any apps you never use. Sometimes, we unknowingly keep data from several uninstalled apps on our phones, resulting in a significant amount of wasted storage space.
Whenever the need arises to find and delete unused apps on Android phones, try using a file manager. This option handles everything, rather than having to go through each application on your phone and try to recall when you last used it.
In this guide, we’ll show you how to find and delete unused apps on Android phones by using relevant file managers like Samsung My Files or Files by Google. So, if you didn’t already know how to find and delete unused apps on Android phones, pay close attention to this guide.
How to Use Files by Google to Find and Delete Unused Apps on Android Phones
Although the majority of phones already have a file manager installed, we advise using the Files app from Google to help you find and delete unused apps on Android phones.
Once it has been installed, you will get a prompt to give Files by Google permission to access your storage. You can start the app once access has been granted. Follow the steps below:
- Open the Files by Google app and select the Clean icon from the menu on the screen’s bottom to locate and remove unused apps from your phone.
- You’ll see a tip here that says to Delete Unused Apps.
- If this area is grayed out, you must give the Files app permission to see your app usage information. Choose Delete Unused Apps and comply with the permission requests to execute this.
- You can proceed once you have granted the app permission to view your app data.
- Simply choose the application you want to remove, then hit the Uninstall icon on your screen’s bottom. To delete several apps at once, simply select them.
You can filter your unused apps by the time you last used them or their size in the Google Files app’s Delete Unused Apps section, which makes it a great feature. This makes it even simpler to find and delete unused apps on Android phones because you can easily determine which apps are using the most space on your phone and which ones you use the least.
How to Use Samsung My Files to Find and Delete Unused Apps on Android Phones
Samsung’s My Files app is another easy way to find and delete unused apps on Android phones. The My Files app should come pre-installed if you have a Samsung device.
Try searching for My Files in the search box on your phone to find it. You can view apps that you’ve not used in more than 30 days after opening the app with a few clicks.
Follow these instructions:
- You may analyze storage by opening the My Files app and scrolling to the page bottom until you see the button with that name.
- To view a breakdown of your device’s internal storage, click on Analyze storage.
- From here, move your cursor down a bit until you reach the Unused apps area.
- To see all the apps on your device that you’ve not accessed in more than 30 days, click Unused Apps.
- Even though you can choose them all, it’s preferable to pick the specific apps you want to remove by hand. There may be some apps on this list that you still require but don’t use so frequently.
- On your screen’s bottom section, select Uninstall after choosing the programs you want to remove from your smartphone.
In summary, it’s really easy to find and delete unused apps on Android phones. The instructions we’ve provided in this guide will be really helpful in that regard. Just make sure to follow the ones specific to your Android device, or whichever method generally works better for you.
- Don’t miss our mobile phone reviews.
- Follow our news on Google News.
- Join our WhatsApp Group, to be notified of the most important articles and deals,
- Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.