Since iOS 13 was introduced, iPhones gained access to a crucial accessibility feature known as Voice Control. iPhone users can use voice commands to start apps, modify texts, adjust volume, and even perform previously preset actions on their iPhones. Essentially, Voice Control lets you perform a ton of operations on your iPhone, and unlocking it is not exempted.
If you’re one to look for extra ways to simplify actions, you may also like to unlock an iPhone with voice commands. In this easy guide, we’ll show you how to set up Voice Control so that you can easily unlock an iPhone with voice commands.
Table of Contents
How to Set Up Voice Control on iPhones
Before you can unlock an iPhone with voice commands you’ll first need to set up and configure Voice Control on your iPhone, especially if you’ve never used it before.
This is how you do it:
- Navigate to Settings, then select Accessibility.
- Your iPhone will install the required files when you tap Voice Control and then click on the option to Set up Voice Control.
- Voice Control will be configured and available for use once you click Continue.
At this point, Voice Control is all set up, so you can go on to learn how to unlock an iPhone with voice commands.
How Can I Unlock an iPhone with Voice Commands?
With the use of a personalized Voice Control command that will start an automatic gesture, you can unlock your iPhone using just your voice. It’s pretty simple to set up and it will enable you to quickly unlock an iPhone. The secret is to configure a unique gesture that will tap the screen precisely where your passcode’s digits would be.
We recommend choosing a four-digit passcode because longer passcodes can make it difficult to set up gestures. You can instantly modify your passcode if it is currently too long by using the Settings app. Furthermore, you’ll need to confirm that iOS 13 or a later version is installed on your iPhone.
The following instruction will help you unlock an iPhone with voice commands:
- Open the Settings app, then select the Accessibility tab.
- By touching the toggle button, select Voice Control and turn it on. Now that Voice Control is activated, you ought to notice a blue microphone in the status bar at the screen’s top.
- You will get a list of the voice commands that are already available when you choose Customize Commands. Now, click Create New Command.
- You’ll need to type the phrase you’ll use to unlock your iPhone into the Phrase text field. Use a phrase you can actually say rather than a generic command like “Unlock iPhone” or “Open phone,” which can compromise your security.
- Click on Run Custom Gesture from the Action menu after deciding on the phrase.
- You must now tap exactly where your passcode numbers would typically be on the New Gesture screen that will appear. To configure the gesture, tap on the appropriate parts of the screen in the order specified by your passcode. If your passcode is “4580,” you should tap in the area where “4” usually displays before continuing. Do the same with your passcode’s remaining digits. You might need to make a few attempts before you successfully configure the custom gesture.
- If you want to prevent swiping up while unlocking the screen, you can even add a swipe-up motion before the passcode digit gestures.
- After creating your custom gesture, tap Save before returning to New Command, then click Save again.
Note that if Face ID is enabled, you won’t be able to unlock an iPhone with voice commands because Face ID will unlock the phone before you can speak the command. After successfully configuring the custom voice command, it is advised that you turn off Face ID.
Once you’ve done that, you’ll be able to unlock an iPhone with voice commands by simply speaking the required phrase.
In summary, it’s pretty easy to unlock an iPhone with voice commands as long as you configure the right settings.
Keep in mind that the if you unlock an iPhone with voice commands, it’s not as safe as using Face ID or a passcode. However, having this knowledge could still come in handy at some point.
- Don’t miss our mobile phone reviews.
- Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
Super Deals: MobilityArena may earn some commission when you purchase through the links below.
- Create any type of website in minutes, even if you have no coding skills? Build your website now.
- Own a unique smartphone that meets your specific needs. Buy now.