|Quick Specs Of HTC U20 5G|
HTC U20 5G is the second of the two mid-range smartphones with which HTC is rebounding in 2020. The first is the Desire 20 Pro, a 4G smartphone powered by a Snapdragon 665. The U20 5G packs more punch with a big 6.8″ display, Snapdragon 765G chipset, and 5G Internet connectivity.
HTC U20 5G Full Specifications, Features, Photos
Mobile Wireless Network and Software
- 2G mobile network bands: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G mobile network bands: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G mobile network bands: LTE 1(2100) / 3(1800) / 5(850) / 8(900) / 38(2600) / 40(2300) / 41(2500)
- 5G mobile network bands: 5G NR: n1, n3, n28, n41, n78.
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, Dual SIM
- Software / OS: Android 10
Design, Form Factor, Appearance
- Dimensions: 171.2 x 78.12 x 9.4 mm
- Weight: 215.5g
- Display: 6.8 inches, 1080 x 2340 pixels, 20:9 aspect ratio, IPS LCD punch-hole screen
- Colours: Smoky Black, Pretty Blue.
- Physical Build: Plastic
Internal Hardware Specs
- Processor Type: 64-bit, 2.4 GHz Hexa-core, Kryo 475
- Processor Name: Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G, SD765G (7nm)
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 620
- RAM: 8 GB
- Internal Storage: 256 GB
- External Storage: microSD
Photography, Video Recording
- Rear Quad Camera: 48 MP primary sensor + 8 MP Wide-Angle sensor + 2 MP Depth Sensor + 2MP Macro sensor, LED flash, 4k video, 1080p@30fps video recording
- Front-facing Camera: 32 MP, Face Recognition, 1080p@30fps video capture
Audio, Video Playback
- Music Support: PCM, AAC / AAC + / eAAC + / MP3 / AMR – NB / WB / APE
- Audio: 3.5 mm audio jack
- Loudspeaker: Mono speakers
- Video Support: H.264/MP4/MPEG4 player
- FM Radio: .
- Digital Compass: Yes.
- Accelerometer: Yes.
- Proximity Sensor: Yes.
- Ambient Light Sensor: Yes.
- Barometer: No.
- Pedometer: No.
- Heart Rate Monitor: No.
- Gyroscope (G-Sensor): Yes.
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes; rear-mounted.
- Face Unlock: Yes.
- Iris Scanner: No.
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: No.
- Voice Control: No.
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes; Google Assistant.
- Infra-red Sensor: No.
- Bluetooth: v5.0, A2DP
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11a/ b/g/n/ac, hotspot
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- USB: microUSB v2.0. Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- NFC: Yes.
Miscellaneous Specs and Features
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-Removable Lithium-Polymer 5000 mAh
- Battery Charging: 18W fast charging (Quick Charge 4.0)
- Wireless Charging: No.
- Reverse Charging: No.
- Model Version/Number: N/A.
HTC U20 5G Price and Launch Date
- Announced: June 2020
- Release Date: June 2020
- Country Availability: Taiwan.
- Price: Yet to be announced.
Questions and Answers about HTC U20 5G
Here are answers to some of the most commonly asked questions about HTC U20 5G.
What 5G bands does HTC U20 5G support?
The U20 5G is a mid-range 5G smartphone with support for 5G NR: n1, n3, n28, n41, n78.
What kind of fingerprint scanner does HTC U20 5G have?
Yes; HTC U20 5G has a rear-mounted fingerprint reader.
Does HTC U20 5G have Gorilla Glass?
There is no mention of Gorilla Glass protection on the screen of HTC U20 5G.
What kind of quick charging does HTC U20 5G have?
The U20 5G has 18W quick charging technology (Quick Charge 4.0).
Will HTC U20 5G work in USA?
HTC U20 5G has limited network support across various US carriers like AT&T, Verizon, Metro PCS, Sprint, T-Mobile, Virgin Mobile, Cricket, Boost Mobile, H2O Wireless, Ting, US Cellular, Lyca Mobile, PureTalk, Consumer Cellular, Ultra Mobile, Straight Talk, Red Pocket Mobile, Jolt, Airvoice Wireless, and Google Fi. What this means that some bands are supported, while others are not. You will have to make enquiries from your carrier to know what bands/frequencies are supported on them.
What is the price of HTC U20 5G? How much does it sell for?
The price of HTC U20 5G is yet to be announced. Initial availability is for the Taiwanese market.
MobilityArena Buyer’s Guide Verdict
Our Buyer’s Guide Verdict is recommendation that we make based on our evaluation the specs of the device. It is a general guide designed to help you understand how much value a smartphone offers for its price. It is not a stamp of quality assessment or an endorsement of the device or of the manufacturers. Be sure to ask questions and use your judgement when buying any device, as MobilityArena may not be held responsible for your buying decisions.
Phone Review Rating
We are yet to review the HTC U20 5G and so do not have a review rating for it yet. This section will be updated with our review rating and a link to the review page, as soon as we have a review ready.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page about the HTC U20 5G are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.