As an ardent user of Windows, I use Internet Download Manager as the default download manager for almost (if not) every file type on my PC. So, when I started using Android on mobile, I naturally started looking for an Android download manager that can replicate the versatility and resilience that IDM offers me on my PC.
Looking for a capable Download Manager was somewhat dry, as there were not many alternatives when I set out to looking for one. Recently, though, I came across LoaderDroid.
This nifty download Manager for Android features a somewhat shrunken version of Internet Download Manager for Windows into a nice package. LoaderDroid features include :
- Resumable downloads (continue loading from the same place it was interrupted)
- Auto pause when connection lost
- Auto resume when connection reappear
- Intercepts links from Browser and other applications
- You can define what connection is allowed for each link (WI-FI, 3G, etc)
- Faster loading by splitting loading into parts
LoaderDroid is very smart, as highlighted by its features above. Another thing I’d like to point out is that if you are downloading a file, and somehow it fails halfway, you can actually get another link for that same file. You can then input it into LoaderDroid, and it will resume the file download IDM style, pretty sweet if you ask me.
Due to the fact that I reside in a country like Nigeria where networks are generally unstable, having a download manager saves me heartaches when downloading medium to large size files in case of disconnection or slow network.
If you own an Android device, then LoaderDroid is an excellent recommendation that I will give any day, anytime. Download LoaderDroid from the Google Play Store.
- Don’t miss our reviews.
- Follow our news on Google News.
- Join our WhatsApp Group, to be notified of the most important articles and deals,
- Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
Emmanuel is a video blogger who shares his love of technology with the world. Check out his videos at Geekception.