Nokia 5.3 was formerly thought to bear the name Nokia 5.2. It also had the codename Captain America. It is a mid-range Android 10 smartphone and has a waterdrop display. It is powered by a Qualcom Snapdragon 665 chipset. There are three variants, distinguished by RAM – 2GB, 3GB, and 4GB.
Nokia 5.3 Full Specs and Features
Mobile Wireless Network and Software
- 2G mobile network bands: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G mobile network bands: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G mobile network bands: LTE, VoLTE 1(2100) / 3(1800) / 5(850) / 8(900) / 38(2600) / 40(2300) / 41(2500)
- 5G mobile network bands: No.
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, Dual SIM
- Software / OS: Stock Android 10. Android One.
Design, Form Factor, Appearance
- Dimensions: 164.3 x 76.6 x 8.5 mm
- Weight: 185g
- Display: 6.55 inches, 720 x 1600 pixels, 20:9 aspect ratio, waterdrop display.
- Colours: Charcoal. Cyan. Sand.
- Physical Build: polycarbonate back and frame.
Internal Hardware Specs
- Processor Type: 64-bit, 2.2GHz Octa-core, Kryo 260
- Processor Name: Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 (11nm)
- Graphics Processor: Adreno™ 610.
- RAM: 3GB / 4GB / 6GB
- Internal Storage: 64GB
- External Storage: microSD up to 512GB.
Photography, Video Recording
- Rear Quad Camera: 13MP primary sensor + 5MP ultrawide sensor + 2MP macro lens + 2MP depth sensor, LED flash, 1080p@30fps video recording
- Front-facing Camera: 8MP, Face Recognition, 1080p@30fps video capture.
Audio, Video Playback
- Music Support: PCM, AAC / AAC + / eAAC + / MP3 / AMR – NB / WB / APE
- Audio: 3.5 mm audio jack
- Loudspeaker: Mono speakers
- Video Support: H.264/MP4/MPEG4 player
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Digital Compass: Yes.
- Accelerometer: Yes.
- Proximity Sensor: Yes.
- Ambient Light Sensor: Yes.
- Barometer: No.
- Pedometer: No.
- Heart Rate Monitor: No.
- Gyroscope (G-Sensor): Yes.
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes; rear-mounted.
- Face Unlock: Yes.
- Iris Scanner: No.
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: No.
- Voice Control: No.
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes; Google Assistant (dedicated button).
- Infra-red Sensor: No.
- Bluetooth: v4.2, A2DP
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, hotspot
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS. GLONASS. BDS
- USB: microUSB v2.0. Type-C reversible connector.
- NFC: Yes.
Miscellaneous Specs and Features
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-Removable Lithium-Ion 4000mAh
- Battery Charging: 10W quick charging.
- Wireless Charging: N/A.
- Reverse Charging: N/A.
- Model Number: TA-1234.
Nokia 5.3 Price and Launch Date
- Announced: March 19, 2020
- Release Date: April 2020
- Country Availability: Europe. North America. South America. Asia. Africa.
- Price: From $180 / €189.
Is Nokia 5.3 available in Nigeria?
Yes; Nokia 5.3 has gone on sale in Nigeria in June 2020.
Does Nokia 5.3 support Voice over LTE?
Yes; Nokia 5.3 supports Voice over LTE (VoLTE).
MobilityArena Buyer’s Guide Verdict
Nokia 5.3 is an attractive offering in the mid-range smartphone market. A decent Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 chipset and 4GB to 6GB of RAM deliver good performance. There is 64GB storage memory in there too, and there is a solid 4000mAh battery to keep the lights on.
In addition, there is Nokia’s guarantee of two major Android updates and 3 years of security patches, which makes it a great deal if you want to hold on to your phone for at least 2 years.
Our Buyer’s Guide Verdict is recommendation that we make based on our evaluation the specs of the device. It is a general guide designed to help you understand how much value a smartphone offers for its price. It is not a stamp of quality assessment or an endorsement of the device or of the manufacturers. Be sure to ask questions and use your judgement when buying any device, as MobilityArena may not be held responsible for your buying decisions.
Nokia 5.3 Review Rating
We are yet to review the Nokia 5.3 and so do not have a review rating for it yet. This section will be updated with our review rating and a link to the review page, as soon as we have a review ready.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page about the Nokia 5.3 are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.
We love to hear from you - your opinions, insights and experiences with smartphones and other gadgets. Be a part of Mobility Arena's active community by sharing a comment below if comments are enabled for this page.